• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Can Atheism Lead To?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Communism is a system wherein the one at the top controls all the purse strings of the entire economic system of the state. Communism won't allow a church to have people gather every week in one place and pay into a fund that goes to a church leader. A leader of people with money and influence is not compatible within a dictatorship. The communist system we read of in Acts 4, 32 is headed by the church which is not a problem unless that church lies within a communist system headed by the state. In that case it is in direct competition. Non organized religion is not a problem within a communist state. Also, the problem with setting up a communist system is the sort of mega maniac it attracts that would kill any one in its way of seizing that kind of ultimate power and holding on to it. It's an inherently faulty system from the start.
Thanks for your post. Certainly food for thought. To tell the truth, I don't know enough about political systems, that particular history, etc to debate intelligently about it. I do know, however, that it is extremely hard to extricate the strings of someone's motives. I've been wanting to start a thread about whether Christianity can be held accountable for the Crusades, and if so, if it is just as valid to then say that atheism can be held accountable for the killing of religious people via Pol Pot and Stalin, but it's all too jumbled in my brain.

footprints

Strawman. You said that if somebody holds a contrary opinion to you it indicates that your opinion is a belief. I said nothing about whether that dictated that it was right or not - simply that that's no basis for qualifying what is and isn't a "belief".

No it isn't. An opinion is an opinion - the clue is in the name. A belief is when you hold something to be true regardless of (or sometimes contrary to) evidence, an opinion is a subjective viewpoint about an issue resulting from investigation of facts.

Because you keep bringing it there.

Still going around the same mulberry tree, look to previous posts and get my answers from there.