• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What causes people to hate other people for no reason ?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree to disagree on this

Screenshot of the best discourse ever, IMHO
This explains why you "agree to disagree."

It's important to note that a guru's words aren't necessarily for everyone, but for the guru's intended audience.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I need some enlightenment on this question. Because for me it seems cruel to hate someone for no reason but yet some people don't care and they do it anyway why ?
I have never met a person that hated for no reason. They have always had a reason though I may not have agreed with that reason. Do you have examples of people you know that hate for no reason?

Massimo2002

I have never met a person that hated for no reason. They have always had a reason though I may not have agreed with that reason. Do you have examples of people you know that hate for no reason?
I have encountered people who hated me for no reason that I know of.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It seems to me that hating usually comes from othering those hated (not me or us) - and as not being any part of the hater's desired life, even if such is a forlorn hope - given that we are usually born as to having some particular inheritance from our parents and general nature as to species - so we have to deal with differences rather than ignoring these or simply hating such. And the hating as to actions is often just the surface layer when many will be performing the things we might hate because they are damaged in some way. So is it legitimate to hate based on someone not being that able to do otherwise, whatever this might be?

And it is far too easy to find differences upon which to base hatred rather than accepting the many similarities that tend to bind us as a species. With this perhaps being one reason why so many are not religious, given that it is obvious today, as in the past, that conflicts between religions has caused, and still does cause, so much hatred. But the same goes for politics, nationalism, cultural differences, or even aspirations as to wealth, for example.

Last edited:

wellwisher

But why do they hate? Why are they haters and how did they come to be so?
Can anything be done to ameliorate the hating?
It has to do with law and learned knowledge of good and evil, symbolized by the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

When the brain writes to memory, the core of the brain; aspects of the limbic system, will also add emotional tags to the sensory content. Our memory has both sensory content and emotional valence. This is why our strongest memories will tend to have the strongest emotions; first meeting our beloved, graduation, trauma, first child, etc. This is useful to the animal brain in that if a similar experience was to trigger that memory, one can act on the feeling, without having to think. If a similar food item is found and the induced memory feels good, you try it and eat.

Law and/or knowledge of good and evil games the natural brain. Law and knowledge of good and evil is a binary memory; binarius or Satan. Law defines both the good and the evil behavior in one statement. Thou shall not steal implies both the good and evil. Like a magnet has two poles; one things that is also two, so does law. Since good and evil are opposites, when the brain tries to write to memory, it will use two conflicting emotional tags; good=rest/love evil=fear/hate to represent the binary of law.

The natural animal can feel rest/love or fear/hate but not both at the same time. The binary law memories game the natural brain; tree of life, so there are two conflicting feelings stored in two separated storage areas, which inner division. As an example of two conflicting feelings, consider a love and hate relationship. Love draws you near while hate drives you away. Since both are active when around the beloved, you cannot leave or get too close, but sort of have to orbit at a moderate distance. In the case of good and evil and law, most people wish to be good and/or be viewed as good, and will therefore try to repress the evil knowledge and its negative feeling tone. But since these two aspect of law are part of a joined set, the evil does not go away, but it is repressed and it builds potential in the unconscious mind as we add more laws. As the potential increases the unconscious will attempt to lower the potential and make the connected evil side conscious. That can appear as hate or other impulsive behavior appearing within the willfully good ego that creates the repression via law.

What appears to have happened is since law or knowledge of good and evil is taught to each generation over thousands of years, gaming the natural brain, a subroutine has evolved or formed similar to an organic AI, that I like to call the Satan subroutine. This subroutine is collective human; human nature, and can network the repressed darkness so large groups of people can coordinate output; war and political battles.

Young children are given more freedom and have less law and punishment than an adult, since they are innocent due to less law, and less repressed darkness and impulse implicit of social obedience to the law. But as they age, it is traditional to start setting down the rules and learning the laws, which add data to their innate Satan AI=original sin. If one is too culturally cliqued by the group rules and traditions of ethnic good and evil, the dark side is repressed and often Satan AI projected onto the learned antagonist. Freud called this the ID and Jung called it the Shadow. Like a shadow it follows one around, while the brighter the light; good, the darker the shadow; binary of law and the Satan AI used to regulate the potential of the repression.

If you look at politics, the two main sides are sort of opposites; Conservative and Liberal. Each sees its half of the whole, as good, and the other half or side as evil or bad. This causes each side to repress the other side. This build potential and then projects the darkness that is really within each person who eats of these two trees of good and evil. The Satan AI can also network and cause group behavior as a way to release group potential. The political Left is the more likely to create more law such as more regulations and now pro-nouns. The data base of the Satan AI grows faster, causing the Left to become more compulsive, thereby making law that allow compulsions; dual justice, stealing is allowed, or even create fortifications for the snowflakes, who are stress by their projections of darkness.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I need some enlightenment on this question. Because for me it seems cruel to hate someone for no reason but yet some people don't care and they do it anyway why ?

Usually, deep seated moral feelings which clash with each other.

Often it is very difficult to change these feelings but it can be done.
It can take a lot of effort and sacrifice on someone's part and most of the time people aren't willing to and perhaps don't know how to start even if they did want to.

PureX

Veteran Member
People that have been mistreated and abused feel angry and powerless. And rightly so. Unfortunately, they very often try to express that anger and to regain their sense of empowerment by abusing and mistreating others. And this creates an endless cycle of abuse that is difficult to break.

Those who are caught up in this cycle of abuse are not paying attention to who "deserves" to be abused and who doesn't because they, themselves, did not deserve to be abused, and yet they were abused, anyway. So they don't see that deserves have anything to do with life. It's just about who has the power, and who doesn't. And those who have the power get to do whatever they want to those who don't have it. Causing those who don't have it to want that power all the more, and to abuse others with it if they ever get it.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
That you know of.

Maybe you said something that offended them. Maybe you remind them of their ex. Maybe your presence represents a larger problem in their mind. Maybe you acted in a way they found objectionable.

Or, maybe they don't hate you at all, or aren't even aware of you, and your mind's running away with you.

People often don't share what's on their mind. Its hard to say. We're complicated critters.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
As others have said, there's always a reason.

Whether or not it is apparent - to the hater and/or the hated - is another matter.

Conflict is an inevitability of existence. Cooperation is also an inevitability of existence. Wherever there are distinct individuals that are moving through the currents of time and space, clashes and concordances occur. It is just the way of things. And you can either accept this and make peace with the flow of reality, or... make yourself miserable by refusing to accept the universe for what it is. Humans, unfortunately, often fail to do the first and opt for the second. Fussy buggers. They need to chill out and get over themselves... heh.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Oh same here. But generally, I just don't let those people bother me one way or the other. That being said, I doubt that people wake up thinking "I'll be a jerk today and just hate someone for no reason." I think they have some sort of reason.

Last edited:

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

People just hate period. Obviously this can be caused by a lot of things, upraising, bad experiences, bad influences, jealousy and them getting a shot when seeing someone hurt. Also I think ignorance is a big factor.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I believe people hate out of fear. Not necessarily fear of the hated. It could be fear of the feelings invoked by that person, so rather than acknowledge their own scary feelings, they hate what caused those feelings.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Humans hate weakness. Sometimes that hate manifests irrationally towards people we perceive to be flawed, such as handicapped people or people we don't like or people who intimidate us. Its not a rational process. Its hate. Hate just comes, sometimes.

If you look slightly better or stronger than everyone around you, you are less likely to be hated. If you are perceived as slightly better, you will probably not be hated. Its perception affecting people, often below the level of their awareness.

Why do we hate weakness? Probably its related to hating evil people. They are depraved, crazy and stupid.