• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What classes are you taking?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
For those of us still in college, what classes are you taking this semester?

Here my main ones:
Spacecraft Attitude and Dynamics

Control Systems Laboratory

Jet Propulsion Powerplants

Intro to Medieval Europe - One of my favorite Prof. quotes comes from the guy who teaches this class: "Don't F**** with Rome!"

Science and Technology in Western Civilization - This prof teaches the development of technology yet avoids using any modern technology himself.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics

Mechanics of Material I

Construction Engineering

Mathematics 2A

Should be a pretty easy semester, mechanics is a subject im good at and maths won't be too bad. I also have exams on writing skills which means i have to do like 10th grade english :(

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I sense a theme with your classes Apex ;):D

I'm taking Intro to Eastern Philosophy, American Sign Language, Microbiology, and Developmental Psych.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Last semester!

Trial Practice

International Human Rights

Education Law and Policy

Community Education Seminar

Moot Court Board

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics

Mechanics of Material I

Construction Engineering

Mathematics 2A

Should be a pretty easy semester, mechanics is a subject im good at and maths won't be too bad. I also have exams on writing skills which means i have to do like 10th grade english :(
What type of math? Calc., Diff Eq., Linear Alg.?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I sense a theme with your classes Apex ;):D

I'm taking Intro to Eastern Philosophy, American Sign Language, Microbiology, and Developmental Psych.
Yup, and next semester the theme will continue with classes like Rocket Propulsion and Spacecraft design.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm taking:

Honours Practical Botany

Children's Literature

Something about grammar

Health

Art

and something about multiculturism in schools

I don't know all of the actual names, but who cares, right? :D

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I'm taking:

Honours Practical Botany

Children's Literature

Something about grammar

Health

Art

and something about multiculturism in schools

I don't know all of the actual names, but who cares, right? :D
:D Love the names you picked out for your classes.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
What type of math? Calc., Diff Eq., Linear Alg.?

We covered all of those topics last semester. I think 2A is heavily intergration, except not simply applying your standard formulas which sucks :( They have renamed this course, it used to be called advanced engineering mathematics. When the course outline is put up on friday ill post the topics we're studying.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
College Writing 1 (Pushed it off, thinking I could test out, but the campus doesn't allow it)

General Anthropology: Introduction

Chinese 2
- Chinese Lab
- Supplemental Class (Basically, a fourth hour for cultural studies on China)

Political Science 1 (Easiest class - well, ever?)

Astronomy - Observation of Solar Systems
- Science Lab

Still trying to get all my core and college credits out of the way before I can dip my feet into teaching and history classes.

Last edited:

ranjana

This term i've got

• Eastern religions
  • Biology
  • Human geography
  • English
Its pretty tedious except for religion... last term was much better: physics, 2 psychology classes, western religion, atmospheric geography

its a s*$#@ mix! all credits so i can get into environmental design.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I wish I was taking classes this semester but I thought I wouldn't be able to handle working and school and applying for colleges. HA! I'm a dumby. Applying to school didn't take all the effort and time I thought it would. :p

Stellify

StarChild
~College Algebra
(I'm having to take this because I didn't bother with the AP test in high school...stupid me. And the Uni I WAS attending didn't require Algebra...I had to do Euclidean and Non-Euclidean Geometry instead while I was there. But now that I've transferred..)

~INSY
I don't remember the actual course name, but it's basically a computer program course.

~Developmental Psychology

~Drugs and Behavior

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
My upcoming semester is supposed to be my most relaxed with the fewest courses and also its supposed to be the last semester in the degree:

-Flint tools in the use of the prehistoric man

-another semester of Burial, and burial practices in the classical periods (a seminar)

-The legend of the Noble Savage: did early humans have ecological awareness

-Anthropological and symbolical archaeology of death and burial

-Religion and Magia in ancient Egypt

-The archaeology of pre-classical Cyprus

-Man, place and environment (a course from the ecology department)

-Gender and archaeology in ancient Egypt

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
My upcoming semester is supposed to be my most relaxed with the fewest courses and also its supposed to be the last semester in the degree:

-Flint tools in the use of the prehistoric man

-another semester of Burial, and burial practices in the classical periods (a seminar)

-The legend of the Noble Savage: did early humans have ecological awareness

-Anthropological and symbolical archaeology of death and burial

-Religion and Magia in ancient Egypt

-The archaeology of pre-classical Cyprus

-Man, place and environment (a course from the ecology department)

-Gender and archaeology in ancient Egypt

Dude i was having a whinge about studying 4 subjects and you're doing 8, wow, how on earth do you spend so much time on RF :eek:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Dude i was having a whinge about studying 4 subjects and you're doing 8, wow, how on earth do you spend so much time on RF :eek:
My secret may be is that im studying a subject that I have always planned to study, I can relate to many of the things I study. I dont let my studies kill my social life, I was never the type. also this is the most relaxed semester I will have, so far I had semesters with 22-24 weekly hours of classes.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
My secret may be is that im studying a subject that I have always planned to study, I can relate to many of the things I study. I dont let my studies kill my social life, I was never the type. also this is the most relaxed semester I will have, so far I had semesters with 22-24 weekly hours of classes.

Thats not too bad, i think i have about 22 hours contact time for my subjects. However, mine involve labs which are both time and mind draining. With your kind of degree do they let you do many hands on activies?
I remeber during my finals last year i spent about 20 hours a day in my room, not fun.