• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Day was Jesus Crucified?

connerb

the old testament says that in the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God. that same Word was made flesh as Jesus so much of the old testament is about Jesus but just does not call him by name

smokydot

That does nothing to establish whatever it was that you were trying to do with your list.
You didn't even have "type" listed in the post when I replied to it.
If you knew what a type was, it would have been self evident.
And it doesn't change the fact that you provide no OT references.
You really don't know what a type is, do you?

Your assertion that the Bible is not a whole, as is shown in the following link, remains groundless.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2284573-post873.html

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

ThaAssuming you even know what a type is, the evidence speaks for itself in the following link and requires no further defense. Each can judge for himself.

Assuming you can provide examples of the type in the OT...

That wouldn't prove anything, either, because we can find "types" of Christ in many different works of ancient literature, but I would think that you wouldn't place these writings in the Bible...

smokydot

the old testament says that in the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God. that same Word was made flesh as Jesus so much of the old testament is about Jesus but just does not call him by name
You're in trouble there, connerb.

That's the NT.

A

angellous_evangellous

If you knew what a type was, it would have been self evident.

Yeah, I do. And finding fault with me for not anticipating your stupidity is as sleazy and dishonest as editing the post to say something entirely different after the fact.

A

angellous_evangellous

Oh and by the way, smoky, a "type" is not rocket science.

If you're trying to insult someone's intelligence, you might not appear so much like a fool if you were addressing something on a higher level of thinking.

smokydot

Assuming you can provide examples of the type in the OT...
That wouldn't prove anything, either, because we can find "types" of Christ in many different works of ancient literature, but I would think that you wouldn't place these writings in the Bible...
Very interesting. . .this is pathetic.

The Chronicles of Narnia typify (symbolize) Christ.
Is there a rule that types must be limited to specific writings?

Do you have anywhere else a collection of 66 documents linked by their types (symbols) and anti-types (symbols realized) of the same person?

Your assertion that the Bible is not a whole, as is shown in the following link, is still groundless.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

You know, I got to thinking about this, and it will become abundantly obvious when you try to give references that YOU don't know what a type is.

You just thoughtlessly looked for a word that would let you slither out of your first statement.

A

angellous_evangellous

Do you have anywhere else a collection of 66 documents linked by their types (symbols) and anti-types (symbols realized) of the same person?

Really? That's the best that you can do?

A

angellous_evangellous

That was my point. There's no reason for you to exclude the Chronicles of Narnia from the Bible based on your criteria.

There is no shortage of writings from the ancient world that you can lie about and find types of Christ.

smokydot

Yeah, I do. And finding fault with me for not anticipating your stupidity is as sleazy and dishonest as editing the post to say something entirely different after the fact.
Hmmm. . .so you know what a type is, yet you tried to deny the overwhelming evidence of them in the link below.

Very interesting. . .

Your assertion that the Bible is not a whole, as is shown in the link below, is groundless.

Last edited:

smokydot

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Hmmm. . .so you know what a type is, yet you tried to deny the overwhelming evidence of them in the link below.

Very interesting. . .

The only interesting thing is the lengths to which you will go to preserve your dishonesty.

YOU HAVE NO REFERENCES FROM THE OLD TESTEMENT.

There's only a few NT references connected to an OT book, and that does nothing to prove your point.

smokydot

Last edited:

smokydot

Last edited: