• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Day was Jesus Crucified?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
You never proved that you stopped beating your wife.
Placing this post somewhere else doesn't make it any less stupid. By even making such a statement you've shown that you are dishonest, and just lowly. Maybe instead of editing all your posts, you would mind making an actual logical post, instead of this mind numbing dribble. It has gotten very old, and is just plain sickening.

smokydot

It has already been shown by A_E. You copied and pasted from a source, and implied that it was yours. Be honest for once.
:sw:

This is like playing "telephone."

It gets farther and farther from the facts with each transmission.

A_E neither said nor showed that I copied or pasted anything.

smokydot

---2) You never proved that you did not plagiarize from an interlinear.
And you never proved that you stopped beating your wife. . .

Only in your world is using an interlinear to translate NT verses from Greek viewed as "plagiarizing."

So, is finding Scriptures in a concordance also plagiarizing? . .I'm sure it would be if it were instrumental in showing you wrong on an issue.

These are pitiful attempts to explain away your being on the wrong side of five arguments, all presented in last links below.

I've recently been told that when the word "text" is used in the rarified world of academia, it means text in the original language.
I think that may be the source of your "misunderstanding" regarding your persistent and false charge of my "plagiarizing" because I used an interlinear
to translate Greek text.
Because when the word "text" is used down here by us common folk, it means the texts of our Bibles, which are English.

I was responding to your question of how I knew what a particular verse stated when I said, "I can read the text."
I didn't know I was using a "code word". . .and it quickly went to pot from there. . .and that's where it has remained. . .because you have something vested,
as stated above,in your false charge.

I have explained, to no avail, in http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2276996-post629.html what I thought we were talking about when I said, "I can read the text."

But you are so prejudiced and biased on this point, for reasons explained in http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2277247-post678.html
that I doubt new information will shed any light on it for you. . .and you make evident that it hasn't.

You prefer to believe the falsehood of your charges, because they are your only means of explaining away your being on the wrong side of five arguments in
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2298799-post1051.html ,

but which all are really due to being on the wrong side of this issue:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2294024-post981.html -- Biblical and non-Biblical "Christian" faith.
The links here speak for themselves.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Especially after seeing Smoky, I definitely have to agree with you.

Unfortunately there's many more where that came from.

And, IMHO, it's tragic that many of these folks lose their faith when honesty becomes a priority.:eek:

A

angellous_evangellous

Placing this post somewhere else doesn't make it any less stupid. By even making such a statement you've shown that you are dishonest, and just lowly. Maybe instead of editing all your posts, you would mind making an actual logical post, instead of this mind numbing dribble. It has gotten very old, and is just plain sickening.

It's sleazy, dishonest, stealing, plagiarizing, misrepresenting and intellectually bankrupt.

Yes, I'd like to have a productive conversation, but smoky sabotages both himself and the discussion.

*sigh*

smokydot

Now that we've established your ignorant and reckless claims, which deny the existence of any types in the Bible, are indeed just that
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2296994-post1013.html

we can proceed with the types of Jesus in the OT, and their anti-types according to the NT, which show the unity of the Bible.

Perhaps instead of trying to dismantle them, you would try to broaden your appreciation (grasp) of who Jesus is. . .perhaps?
The more one is familiar with the Bible, the more one sees the patterns of Jesus in the OT.

The Bible as a whole shows (types, patterns of) who Jesus is. That's why the following are found in its individual books.

**Indicates titles I added to the original list, which came from Christ in Every Book of the Bible, by Oral Roberts.
***Indicates non-doctrinal, non-theological similarity

. . . . . .IN. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .JESUS IS THE. . . . . . . . . . .(NT ANTI-TYPE--fulfillment)

Genesis 3:15- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Promised seed of the woman (Lk 1:31, 34; Ro 16:20)
- - - - - 12:3, 22:18**- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - Blessing of all nations through Abraham (Gal 3:8-9)
Exodus 12:6- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -Passover Lamb (1 Co 5:7)
- - - - - 13:21-22**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Pillar of cloud, pillar of fire--God's presence among his people (Emmanuel--God with us, Mt 1:22-23)
- - - - - 14:22-29**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Baptized into their mediator, deliverer and leader in the cloud and in the sea, depicting their submission to him (1 Co 10:1-2)
- - - - - 20:19 (Dt 5:5)**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mediator of (new) covenant (Gal 3:9; Heb 8:6-13, 9:15)
- - - - - 32:9-14, 30-34- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Intercessor (like Moses and High Priest) -- Ro 8:34; Heb 7:23-25, 9:24
Leviticus 1:5, 3:2, 8, 13**- - - - - - - - - - - - -Blood which cleanses from all sin (1 Jn 1:7)
- - - - - - 3:15**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Once-for-all perfect atoning sacrifice (Heb 7:27, 9:28, 10:12)
- - - - - -21:10, 21-23- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Perfect High Priest (Heb 7:24-28, 9:11)
- - - - - -23:9-11**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Firstfruits of the resurrection (1 Co 15:22-23)
Numbers 20:11 (Ex 17:6)- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Rock which was struck (crucifixion), and source of sustenance (1 Co 10:4)
Deuteronomy 18:15, 18- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Prophet like Moses who was to come (Jn 6:14-15, 7:40, 1:21, 25; Lk 7:19-20, 24:19)
- - - - - - - - - -21:23**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cursed for us on a tree -- (Gal 3:13)
Joshua 1:5-11- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Captain of our salvation, leading God's people into the promised inheritance (salvation) -- (Heb 2:10)
Judges 2:16-23- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Judge (Jn 5:22)
- - - - -2:16, 18**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Deliverer (2 Co 1:10; 1 Th 1:10)
Ruth 2:20- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - GOEL, kinsman redeemer (Lev 25:48-49) -- (Mt 1:21; Gal 4:4-5; 1 Pe 1:18-19)
I Samuel 2:21b, 26, 3:19, 7:5-6, 8-9- - - - - - Trusted prophet (Mt 12:41-42, 21:11, 46; Lk 1:76, 7:16; Jn 7:40)
I Kings 1:43-45- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Reigning King (1 Co 15:25)
Nehemiah 2:5, 17-18- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Restorer of what was lost (Ro 8:19-22; 2 Co 5:17)
Esther 7:3-4- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Our advocate with the Sovereign (1 Jn 2:1)
Job 1:12**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Afflicted Righteous One (Ac 3:14, 7:52; 1 Jn 2:1)
Psalm 23- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -The Lord, our Shepherd (Mt 2:6, 26:31; Jn 10:11, 14)
Proverbs, chp 8- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Our true wisdom (1 Co 1:24, 30; Col 2:2-3)
Ecclesiastes 1:2, 12:8, 1-7, 13-14- - - - - - - - Meaningful goal (Mt 6:33, 13:44-46, 16:26)
Song of Songs 1:13, 4:5, 7:1-13, 3:11- - - - - -Lover and bridegroom (Mt 25:1-10, 22:2; Jn 3:29; Rev 19:7-9)
Isaiah 9:6- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Prince of Peace (Ac 10:36; Ro 5:1; Eph 2:13-16; 2 Th 3:16; Lk 1:79, 24:36; Jn 14:27)
Jeremiah 9:1, 13:17- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Weeping prophet (Lk 19:41-44)
Ezekiel 1:4-14- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Glorious creature (2 Sam 22:7-15; Dan 7:9-13) -- (Rev 4:6-8, 1:13-15, 2:18)
Daniel 3:22-25, 28-30- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Fourth man in fiery furnace (pious thought)
Hosea 3:1, 2:6-9, 1-7- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Eternal husband who saves the fallen bride (Ro 3:10-18, 5:19; Eph 2:1-5)
Joel 2:28-29, 32- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Baptizer with the Holy Spirit (Mt 3:11; Ac 2:16-21; Ro 10:13)
Amos 7:13- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Divine burden bearer (1 Pe 2:24; Mt 8:17; Heb 9:28)
Obadiah 15-18, 21-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Savior from and destroyer of the enemy (Mt 1:21; Lk 2:11, 19:10; Jn 3:17; Lk 10:18; Ro 16:20; Rev 12:10-11)
Jonah 3:4, 10- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Message of God's salvation to the Gentiles (Mt 28:19; Lk 24:27; Jn 3:36)
Micah 1:2, 6-7, 12, 6:1-2- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Avenger (Mt 3:10, 12, 24:50-51, 25:30, 41; Lk 19:27)
- - - - -5:2**- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Shepherd ruler from Bethlehem (Mt 2:6, 26:31; Jn 10-11, 14; Lk 2:4-6)
Nahum 1:15 (Is 52:7)- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Messenger with beautiful feet (Ro 10:15)
Habakkuk 1:2-4, 13-17***- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Evangelist pleading for revival (Mt 23:37)
Zephaniah 3:17- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - The Lord Mighty to Save (Mt 1:21; Jn 12:47b; 1 Tim 1:15; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 7:25)
Haggai 2:3-4, 7-9, 23- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Restorer of the lost heritage (signet ring = seal, pledge or guarantee--Gen 38:17-18--of restoration) -- (Jn 5:24, 6:40, 10:28)
Zechariah 3:8-9, 6:12-13 (Is 4:2; Jer 23:5)**- Branch (sheaf) offered as Firstfruits (Lev 23:9-11) of resurrection (1 Co 15:22-23)
- - - - - - -13:1- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Fountain opened in the house of David for cleansing of sin (1 Jn 1:7; Heb 9:14)
Malachi 4:2- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Sun of Righteousness rising with healing in its wings (Lk 1:78; Eph 5:14; Mt 4:23, 8:16, 14:14, 15:30)

Now to these 45 types add all the OT prophecies which the NT writers claim that Jesus fulfilled, of which only those from Matthew are shown in
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2292356-post952.html

and the links among the books of the OT and the NT become so strong, numerous and thorough that it is sheer foolishness to deny
they show the unity of the Bible as a whole.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Now that we've established your ignorant and reckless claims, . . . .
Blah blah blah . . . blah!

YOU MUST be KIDDING?
Talk about IGNORANCE and RECKLESSNESS!!
What exactly are you claiming? Where exactly are you claiming this idiocy from?
Your pathetic claims are steeped from further pathetic claims.

smokydot

YOU MUST be KIDDING?
Callin' in the troops. . .Troop #2 reporting.

Check 'em out!

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Check 'em out!
SIriusly . . . all the quotes from that stupid book are simply fiction, from a work of fiction.

Your 'attempts' at historically proving that this Jesus dude even existed has fallen way short to hearsay.

Not good enough for this forum, try harder. :foot:

Harmonious

I have one question. In Jeremiah 33:17 God says that the royal House of David will never lack a man to sit on the throne of Israel.
This is true. There are candidates available, even if they aren't actually on the throne of Israel.

In Matthew the genealogical line of Joseph seems to pass through a King named Jeconiah (also known as Coniah or Yehoaikin). Doesn't Jeremiah 22:28-30 say that this King is cursed by God and none of his offspring will sit on the throne of David?
Yes. That is pretty much prove-positive that Joseph can't be in line to be the Messiah.

Jesus already lost all claim to such by not having a Jewish man as his biological father. But that doesn't stop the belief of certain faithful. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

YOU MUST be KIDDING?

Now there's an appropriate response.:D

smokydot

All false charges. . .not the first time they've been made. . .from one who has been proven wrong five times now, and will not acknowlege any of them. . .
false charges are the way he explains being on the wrong side of the five arguments below. . .because he is on the wrong side of the sixth issue below:

1) http:www.religiousforums.com/forum/2227477-post1521.html -- Gives the lie to: human life does not begin at conception.

2) http:www.religiousforums.com/forum/2277815-post713.html -- Gives the lie to: correct translation of Greek parthenos is "maiden," rather than "virgin."

3) http:www.religiousforums.com/forum/2299244-post85.html -- Gives the lie to: calling Scripture the Word of God is "heresy."

4) http:www.religiousforums.com/forum/2296994-post1013.html -- Gives the lie to: there are no types in Scripture; that is an antiquated approach;
the "types" simply aren't there; the construction of a "type" in interpreting the Scripture is artificial and reckless.

5) http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2299585-post1070.html -- Gives the lie to: there is no unity of the whole Bible.

And your being on the wrong side of the five arguments above stems from your being on the wrong side of the issue below:

6) http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2294024-post981.html -- Biblical and non-Biblical "Christian" faith

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

By the way smoky, all these edits to your posts don't make them any better.

smokydot

Yes. I don't think that you're competent enough to do it yourself because you're an exceptionally poor student of the Bible. I think that after I let you know the source that you originally plagiarized, you went and found someone who gave the OT references.

You can copy and paste, or in your case copy from a book, and when you write on your own it's all crap. So there's publishable material mixed in haphazardly with unpublishable material, and the unpublishable material is littered with irrational and loosely connected ideas so it's easy to spot.

For example, when you dishonestly removed "Jesus in" which was in the original plagiarized material and replaced it with "type," that is a dead giveaway that it is stolen material. No one who could make a list like that would say that all of these references are "types" because unlike you they would be educated enough to know what a "type" was and would not thoughtlessly identify "types" in such a way. There are few "types" that pastors have traditionally identified, but there's not a big deal about it because everyone knows that it's exceptionally poor interpretative method.
Oh! what a good belly laugh. . .and I'm still chortling. . .really ticked you off because you didn't think I could provide references. . .GOTCHA! . .
you must have a lot riding on this, just as you did here: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2277247-post678.html with your Greek text.

Oh. . .and have you found where I got them yet? . .'cause I don't care, as you do, about who gets the credit for the work. . .the real issue is: they annihilate your heresy that there is no unity in the Bible, that it is not a whole. (See the annihilation in the link below.)

You are so jumpy and skittish you can't settle down long enough to read the text. Read it again. The change I actually made was

to: the Bible as a whole shows (is a type, picture, symbol of) who Jesus is

Keep searching. . .you might find where I got the references (hint: try the Bible).

< chortle, chortle >

So what would happen if, . .with the exception of the list of titles from my Sunday school written notes long ago, everything there--including my 33% expansion of the list of titles-- was my work, including the formating and typing, in http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2299585-post1071.html ?

Would the earth move off its axis?

Last edited: