• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did you get for Christmas?

cardero

Citizen Mod
I got:
  1. Lowe's gift cards
  2. Barnes and Noble gift cards
  3. Really nice jars of mixed nuts and pecan clusters
  4. Something that looks, feels, and smells like a pillar candle, but is actually a battery-operated LED in disguise
  5. FiveFingers Classic shoes
  6. The Planet Earth series from the BBC on DVD
  7. A Melissa Etheridge CD (The Awakening)
  8. A DVD of the greatest moments of the National Hockey League
  9. Some Cutco knives (my nephew sells them)
  10. Books:

• What We Believe But Cannot Prove: Science in the Age of Certainty. (Edited by John Brockman)
  • Bobby Henderson, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
  • Evan Wolfson, Why Marriage Matters: America, Equality, and Gay People's Right to Marry
  • Suzanne Bohan & Glenn Thompson, 50 Simple Ways to Live a Longer Life
  • Salman Rushdie, East, West
  • Bryan Magee, The Story of Philosophy.
All in all, a pretty good haul -- although you really can't ever have enough books or gift cards.
Pretty good haul? The term in which you made out that you are looking for is "bandit".

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I got two pieces of Amy Brown art!! Yay!!

A wireless router for my laptop

Bath and beauty stuff

10K gold Earrings

My wiccan friend is the best Christmas shopper ever. She also got me a letter opener that is broom on the end, (in addition to the art) and it has symbols on it. i think thats what it is.

Lots and lots of knick knacks!

kadzbiz

Materialistically I asked for nothing and I got it, so I got everything I asked for - woohoo. Everything else I already had and I am grateful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I got two new labrets. Rather than the 16 small gauge talon things I got, I got the 14 gauge which are much bigger.
Money
And this.
Picture4.jpg

It's a red neon guitar clock. My webcam doesn't take very good pictures.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I got over $9600 in cables.
Composite, HDMI, DVI, you name it, I have at least 50 of em.
How much did I spend? $15 to get let in at midnight and pillage as much of the store possible in 3 hours.

PureX

Veteran Member
Time with family ...
I'm with ya, Jay. I had a really great time just enjoying the family's company. We each bring a $10 gift and play a game with them, but just for fun. I ended up with some screw drivers. But the good times together were what it's really all about.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I got:
A dress Jacket
A watch
DVDs
Books
Couple of Hoodies
T-shirts
One of those things you have in a bar that you put the spirit bottle in and it give you the measures
Other little bits of random stuff as well
Also Frubals from Rev Rick

Nanda

Polyanna
My husband got me a Zune, which he really didn't need to do, but he just loves knocking my socks off. My girlfriends made me cookies, drawings, a lovely tote bag in "ugly girl" themed colors (black and white polka dots), and found a copy of the original seven "King's Qest" games from the 80's for PC. My sister picked out used books she thought I'd like, and blew up a picture of Wilson Lake and the Mount Blue region in Maine so that I can look at them every day. And Papersock gave me seamonkeys! :monkey:

GayAtheist

I don't actually celebrate Christmas as a rule, and ask that my friends and family donate money to charity, rather than buy me presents (which I am happy with, as I don't need anything!). However, my parents are old school and always want to buy me something. So I always tell them that the most practical thing for them to get me is underwear and socks. And like the good eggs they are, thats what I got!

And my auntie brought me "smellies" (shower gel, deodorant, etc). Probably giving me a hint . . . :shrug:. Bless her!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I also got an actual bass guitar strap. This is a blessing because a normal guitar strap does not work very well with a bass. It will still hold it up, but for me at least, at the cost of cutting of circulation to my left arm.
The only thing I really don't like about it is the metal studs on it make it look more punk than metal. But at least I'll be able to feel my fingers an hour in practice or a show.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
1) Gift cards to Borders and to Macy's.
2) A few lovely cafe mugs with hot cocoa/tea/coffee.
3) Lots and lots of scented candles - one candle is electric. (I use candles, scented oils, and incense a lot in our house)
4) The book I am America - and So Can You! by Stephen Colbert
5) Flashlights and batteries (can't tell you how much these come in handy!)
6) The Breakfast Club on DVD
7) Grandma's fudge AND her recipe that's been handed down from generation to generation!!!

Those were the material things I received as gifts from family and friends. Of course, spending time with them was my personal favorite gift for Christmas. I hosted dinner at Christmas Eve, and Grandma - of course - made her famous whiskey sours again.

It was a good Christmas. :)

Peace,
Mystic