• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do Baha'is suppose the reason is one would accept one manifestation, but reject others?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Curious on Baha'i thoughts as to how this might happen. Like what runs through the mind of a Baha'i person when they see a person accept Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, etc., but reject Bahaullah as a manifestation?

arthra

Baha'i
Thanks for your question and welcome to the Baha'i Forum!

The Manifestations of God that we Baha'is accept are identified in the Baha'i Writings.. We do not say these are the only Manifestations of God only the Ones we know about.. So there have been Manifestations of God before recorded history and there are Manifestations that are unknown to us...

As far as people rejecting one Manifestation what we Baha'is believe is that if you reject one you reject them all..so we Baha'is accept Them all..at least the Ones we know about.

It's not unusual of course for people to be taught that their religion is the only way to say salvation or that their particular religion is better than others.. What is more unusual is for one to believe that all the great religions have the same Divine origin and that the Prophets and Great Teachers are teaching the same spiritual truths only cultural and temporal exigences have meant they have varied cultural overlays.. When people focus on the differences they tend to misunderstand others or be prejudiced against them. The key to peace we believe is the perspective that we all share common spiritual values and that these shared values are more important than the differences.

Last edited:

Badi19

Dear Arthra,

Please let us know about the recent Court Case.
Why the Chicago Federal Court gave its verdict against the Haifan Baha'is?
What is the case exactly?

Thank you.

Badi19

Rather search this on google.

Baha'i Faith & 7th Circuit Court of Appeals

And Baha'is do not speak lie.