• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do Christians Mean When They Say Jesus Is A living Lord?

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Christians, when you say Christ is alive in the world, what do you mean by this? Do you mean his teachings are living in memory? Do you mean he’s living in a spiritual realm not of this world? Do you mean he’s God the Father? Dang, I wish he was here so I could ask him. I wonder what he would say. He’d probably say I’m right in front of you. Haha.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Christians, when you say Christ is alive in the world, what do you mean by this? Do you mean his teachings are living in memory? Do you mean he’s living in a spiritual realm not of this world? Do you mean he’s God the Father? Dang, I wish he was here so I could ask him. I wonder what he would say. He’d probably say I’m right in front of you. Haha.
By that they mean He lives in their hearts and minds and they try to carry out His teachings. Two thousand years after His death and His followers still try and follow His counsels. You can’t get more alive than that.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
By that they mean He lives in their hearts and minds and they try to carry out His teachings. Two thousand years after His death and His followers still try and follow His counsels. You can’t get more alive than that.
So it’s just the memory of his teachings that are alive? Doesn’t sound that impressive.

Betho_br

1) Within the realm of religion, there are people who do not belong to the Homo genus: the first and second Adam of Genesis, the first and second Eve of Genesis, the Virgin Mary, John the Baptist, and Jesus.

2) Jesus was a second test. The metaphysical Adam was tested in Paradise and came out defeated, but Jesus was tested in the desert and emerged victorious. Jesus is the tabernacle of the Logos, a pretest to become the permanent tabernacle of the Father in heaven. What does this mean? Jesus sat on the throne of the Father, and since the Father is spirit, the Father filled Jesus just as oil fills a lamp to give light to the world. This is what the book of Revelation speaks of—there are not two thrones. Jesus is a physical temple for the Almighty God, a perfect temple for the Father of lights. Christianity is not "prepared" for this conversation, and those who profess faith in Jesus "are," through him, in the essence of this temple. It is as if from Jesus, various lights and spirits go forth and enter. Jesus overcame to be this temple, and through him, we can communicate with all spiritual beings and their celestial hierarchies. :blacksunrays:

Betho_br

I think most of them take "Inviting Jesus into my heart" quite literally, that they do actually believe his spirit dwells in them.
And is this impossible for human beings? There are several metaphysical experiences catalogued, not all of them are psychiatry.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe He says He is in the Paraclete (Holy Spirit) and the Father is also.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that is false. That is not what we mean even if it is so.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
And is this impossible for human beings?
It's probably better for a Chrsitian to reply to this. Religions often advance ideas that are outside the realm of science.

There are several metaphysical experiences catalogued, not all of them are psychiatry.
I'm not sure what you mean here. What metaphysical experiences are catalogued, and where is this catalogue? And what do you mean by not being psychiatry? I'm assuming there may be a language barrier here, since we do not normally say that an experience is psychiatry. I'm not trying to pick at you, I just want to get a better handle on what you are trying to say.

Betho_br

It's probably better for a Chrsitian to reply to this. Religions often advance ideas that are outside the realm of science.

I'm not sure what you mean here. What metaphysical experiences are catalogued, and where is this catalogue? And what do you mean by not being psychiatry? I'm assuming there may be a language barrier here, since we do not normally say that an experience is psychiatry. I'm not trying to pick at you, I just want to get a better handle on what you are trying to say.

Near-death experience - Wikipedia

Among others.

Betho_br

Okay, yes, I'm familiar with the scientific research being done on NDE's. Can you elaborate on how you think this connects with the religious idea that "Jesus lives in my heart." Thanks.
The peace.

While I could cite various modern or ancient accounts, I prefer brevity

Revelation 1:9 NASB
The Patmos Vision
I, John, your brother and fellow participant in the tribulation and kingdom and [a]perseverance in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

There are two important words in this verse that have been emphasized. Patmos is an isolated island, unsuitable for agriculture; at the very least, John would have been there due to banishment or possibly imprisonment.

. Unlike the Letter of James, which portrays a Jesus closely aligned with the human historical context, the Book of Revelation transcends unity doctrine to depict Jesus enthroned as the tabernacle of God.

Paul's theology also comes from a traumatic environment:

Acts 9:8-9 NVI
Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

When I was young, I explained dozens of verses from the Christian Bible ("New Testament")—Paul, Luke, even Revelation—to a Catholic priest. He patiently read through all of them and asked me, "Is everything correct?" I confidently said yes. Then he replied, "My son, no Christian theology is above the words of Jesus." I was left speechless and walked away with my head down. And yet, many of Jesus's sayings are questioned—whether he truly said them or if they were attributed to him later. It’s in this sense that I consider the Letter of James to be free from such doubts.

So this is the origin of many things...

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The peace.

While I could cite various modern or ancient accounts, I prefer brevity

Revelation 1:9 NASB
The Patmos Vision
I, John, your brother and fellow participant in the tribulation and kingdom and [a]perseverance in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

There are two important words in this verse that have been emphasized. Patmos is an isolated island, unsuitable for agriculture; at the very least, John would have been there due to banishment or possibly imprisonment.

. Unlike the Letter of James, which portrays a Jesus closely aligned with the human historical context, the Book of Revelation transcends unity doctrine to depict Jesus enthroned as the tabernacle of God.

Paul's theology also comes from a traumatic environment:

Acts 9:8-9 NVI
Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

When I was young, I explained dozens of verses from the Christian Bible ("New Testament")—Paul, Luke, even Revelation—to a Catholic priest. He patiently read through all of them and asked me, "Is everything correct?" I confidently said yes. Then he replied, "My son, no Christian theology is above the words of Jesus." I was left speechless and walked away with my head down. And yet, many of Jesus's sayings are questioned—whether he truly said them or if they were attributed to him later. It’s in this sense that I consider the Letter of James to be free from such doubts.

So this is the origin of many things...
I thought our discussion was about the Christian claim of "Jesus living in my heart." I'm afraid I just don't see how your comments connect to that.

It's almost shabbat, and I have to prepare. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Betho_br

I thought our discussion was about the Christian claim of "Jesus living in my heart." I'm afraid I just don't see how your comments connect to that.

It's almost shabbat, and I have to prepare. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
There is a traumatic and emotional historical background related to the name of Jesus, this is what I tried to say, this has been perpetuated and is more evident in religions of our century.

Betho_br

Paul often faced challenges in applying his theology. In Colossians 2:18, he says: "Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind." In Romans 12:1-2, he writes: "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Additionally, in his final letters, he writes in 1 Timothy 6:20-21: "O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called 'knowledge,' for by professing it, some have swerved from the faith. Grace be with you."

1) So, he is trying to correct several problems that occurred in the application of his Theology.

2) Older Christian denominations, with their resilience, have managed to address these issues, at least in part. Many of the newer ones, though not all and without generalizing, tend to embody the "being" of Jesus in an emotional and passionate way. Yet, the highest form of Christian theology teaches that we are to be in Christ just as He is in the Father. Jesus, after all, set an example for the lost sheep of Israel—those who did not know the law—showing them how to truly worship the Father.