• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you believe..religion or science?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Religion can be a science, and science can become a religion (page 136 of the Handbook of Clever Sounding Cop-outs)

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I'm of the same mindset of ellesar and bruce. I don't see why the two must be at odds with eachother. Rather for me I use religion to explain why and science to explain what and how. the only way the two wouldn't be compatible would be, like riverwolf said, for certain mythologies of religion that also try to say "what and how". In this instance it's only natural that they would conflict because both are using different methods to answer the same question. So in answer to your question I believe in both.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
As I understand it, Science and Religion are like two poles of the same thing like a magnet. Both are THERE, none can be separated.

Friend whereismynotecard states:*
I don't believe anything 100% unless I actually see it,

Air cannot be seen, so do we believe in it or not?

Love & rgds