• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you believe you are?

Human, jotunn and wolf. But the jotunn and the wolf are connected closely. I have had past lives, but in this one I'm human physically and plan to live as humanly as possible, despite having no human gender.

I've accepted my human-ness and I don't think I'm a god, or all that special.I'm just me. Complex being going by the moniker "Gabe." Everyone and everything's complex.

There is nothing special about me. And I'm glad for it. I don't need special.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Right Now, I am what I made myself, I am a family and people person, I am happy, I am constantly changing who I am.

In other words I am what I believe I am no more and no less.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire

Some sort of thinking thing that perceives itself to be contained in a hideous pulsating polymerase sack of biochemical reactions in an aqueous solution.
I'm mostly bacteria.....by cell count.
I remember when I first learned about cells as a small child. It blew my mind that I was actually made up of trillions of little living things. It was my very first existential crisis.

My poor attempt to separate myself from the rest of the cloth.
That's actually pretty deep.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I remember when I first learned about cells as a small child. It blew my mind that I was actually made up of trillions of little living things. It was my very first existential crisis.
Shouldn't that be "our very first existential crisis", since you're a high-rise community of critters?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Shouldn't that be "our very first existential crisis", since you're a high-rise community of critters?
Is this what royals mean when they say, "We are not amused?" :D

It is kind of odd to think that we're all walking ecosystems.

I've accepted that consciousness is apparently an emergent property which can arise from small things interacting. In Star Trek, The Borg might as well say "I am The Borg" if it's a true collective consciousness.