• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Feel is Lacking in Modern Christianity?

Henk

Also today He is speaking to prophets who are writing this WORD down to paper.
But some today are so clever to say: Jesus has spoken and we do not allow it to be heard by anyone....because the Bible is thick enough for all times.
We do not want to hear anymore.........end of discussion.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Hey... thanks for calling me "clever". You can prophecy till the cows come home. It won't make a hill of beans until I see you feeding the poor and working for peace. Why would I listen to YOU when I can read Jesus' words?

Henk

Since the WORD that Jesus spoke through the New Testament almost 2000 years ago.....some changes had taken place.
Perhaps is He willing to say something to us??
We live under protection of a range of atomic destruction weapons that almost every city can destroy here on earth.....O how do we Love our Lord....what a love do we show towards each other.

Henk

So you forbid it.....so you forbid the Lord to say something to this foolish generation....because you think you are doing so well......
The Lord who created all and still is keeping it in His Hands.....He is willing to say some words.......but YOU are not willing to hear anything more.

Mr. Peanut

Hi!

Quite the contrary! I believe God speaks to his children now as never before through the Holy Spirit of God within and the Holy Bible as well. The Lord told us everything that is going to happen and how to be ready. God has provided everything we need, the revelation of his word and the Holy Spirit within every believer. Be extremely cautious of someone who comes along with a "new revelation", is what I would say.

Cheers!

Henk

Well it has been said....research all things and keep the good ones.
You have an inner guide.....and that will tell you....

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Well it has been said....research all things and keep the good ones.
You have an inner guide.....and that will tell you....
That's a pretty thought, however, as we all know, the Biblical prophets brought some pretty bad messages, as far as their audiences were concerned. I don't think it's a simple matter of "what feels good." It is a matter of "God said it." That's a whole lot more difficult to determine with any degree of certainty.

Scuba Pete

Since the WORD that Jesus spoke through the New Testament almost 2000 years ago.....some changes had taken place.
Sorry, LOVE never goes out of style. LOVE is the quintessential phenomenon that separates TRUE believers from the charlatans.

Henk

In fact you are telling that Jesus is a charlatan....because He used Jakob Lorber to tell what He found necessery to tell the so called Christians to bring unity and peace.

Henk

White is when all the colours in the light ....falling on a surface....are reflecting back into our eyes.
Black is when non of the colours in the light ....falling on a surface....are reflecting back into our eyes.
But when you are blind.....you do not know anything about light and colours.

Scuba Pete

So clear on the physical aspects of light and dark and yet so blind to the spiritual. How is that?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Christian churches have become worldly and pragmatic. They twist scripture to support the status quo or the politics of whatever party pays lip-service to them.

Look at Jesus' teachings in the New Testament -- that is what Christianity should reflect: Feed the poor, cloth the naked, comfort the afflicted. Love one another!
Do good to those that persecute you. Disdain worldly riches. Promote peace!

A few Christian churches: Church of the Brethren, Mennonites, Friends, &c, endeavor to put Christ's teachings into practice, but most clearly worship Mammon above God.
I've even seen "Christians" in the military -- if you can believe it! :eek:

Scuba Pete

Christian churches have become worldly and pragmatic.
Too often they twist the scriptures to justify their actions. Rather than search the scriptures to see what they should change, they spend their efforts looking for vague scriptures that they can rip out of context to support their unholy ideologies.

Luke_17:2

Fundamental Bible-thumper
I've even seen "Christians" in the military -- if you can believe it! :eek:

Is that somehow bad? I was in the military. Where in the Bible does it speak against fighting for your country?

Henk

Through Jakob Lorber Jesus is telling about all He had done in the last 3 years of His earthly life. Here Jesus is giving an interesting answer on a question.

The son of the tax collector was raised from the dead
and made completely healty.
He had been sick for seven long years.
The tax collector asked Jesus how someting like that
could ever be possible........nobody has demonstrated
something like that ever before.
The answer that Jesus gave him:
Friend... when the human spirit is orderly awaken , he find
all kind of secrets ......and when he is awaken in the full light
he realises that he is the creator of all life.
That is the purpose and the trick to find and recognise yourself
back.
You are also living, thinking willing and you are doing like you
think and want.....but you do not know what life is....how it thinks
and wants and how it is putting all the limbs in a corresponding
active movement.
But he who has found that in himselves and realised well
is a real master of his life and a real master of the life of fellowmen.
Then he can do what I have done for your son.....yes he can do more:
See he can make himself totaly immortal.
From New Revalation J.Lorber

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is that somehow bad? I was in the military. Where in the Bible does it speak against fighting for your country?

As a Christian you don't have a country. The world is your country; all men are brothers, there is no Jew or Gentile... If you treat an Iraqi, Venezuelan, or Serb any differently than you'd treat your mother, sister or brother -- you are no Christian! If you take up the sword -- you are no Christian!

Review the teachings of the New Testament. You are enjoined to love, not fight one another; to return good for evil, do good to those that persecute you, carry your enemy's burden the extra mile. It is the peacemakers that are blessed, not the warriors. (what's the opposite of 'blessed'? -- wouldn't it be 'damned'?)

The Christian's task on earth is to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, heal the sick -- to love his neighbor as himself -- weather the neighbor's next door or in Myanmar.

Christians are not worldly. They are not "practical." They are not defensive.

If you study Christ's actual words, it's clear that He advocated Hippie values.
Jesus wants you to be a Hippie peacemaker.

Luke_17:2

Fundamental Bible-thumper
As a Christian you don't have a country. The world is your country; all men are brothers, there is no Jew or Gentile... If you treat an Iraqi, Venezuelan, or Serb any differently than you'd treat your mother, sister or brother -- you are no Christian! If you take up the sword -- you are no Christian!
You are mostly correct -Christians have no country, per se. Our country, though, is not the world; it's heaven. It could also be viewed that you have dual citizenship, with your primary citizenship being that of heaven.

However, there is no place that orders you not to fight for a certain country that you are a citizen of. The Bible says to be a good citizen, honor the king, etc. Murder is a sin, but killing people of other countries for the country in which you reside is not murder: it's war, and God used it ALL the time.

Review the teachings of the New Testament. You are enjoined to love, not fight one another; to return good for evil, do good to those that persecute you, carry your enemy's burden the extra mile. It is the peacemakers that are blessed, not the warriors. (what's the opposite of 'blessed'? -- wouldn't it be 'damned'?)
The opposite of a peacemaker is a war maker (an instigator), not a warrior. So, I, and no other, soldier is cursed.

If you take up the sword -- you are no Christian!
Thomas Jackson, probably one of the greatest Christians in American history, was an ardent patriot who fought for his country. He was a Christian to the point that he didn’t worry about being killed on the battlefield. He was a better Christian then I, you, or anyone else on this board.

Christian's task on earth is to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, heal the sick -- to love his neighbor as himself -- weather the neighbor's next door or in Myanmar.
Absolutely. I do, and all Christians I know do.

Christians are not worldly. They are not "practical." They are not defensive.
Yes: as individuals. When you fight for your home on earth you're not fighting as an individual Christian; you're a fighting as a citizen of your earthly home –there's nothing wrong with that.

If you study Christ's actual words, it's clear that He advocated Hippie values.
Jesus wants you to be a Hippie peacemaker.

Not hippie. Godly. God is neither conservative nor liberal: He’s God.

Secondly, hippie “values” do not align with Christ. Hippies are rebels; Christians are not supposed to be rebels.