• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you say when somebody sneezes?

What do you say when somebody sneezes?

• "May the Deity of your choosing cast felicitations in your general direction."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "I hope you're not coming down with something."

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I no longer say bless you and haven't done for years, something feels superstitious about it though I have no idea why people say bless you. I feel like i am being rude sometimes.

Smoke

Done here.
I no longer say bless you and haven't done for years, something feels superstitious about it though I have no idea why people say bless you. I feel like i am being rude sometimes.
Actually, my favorite response to a particularly robust sneeze is definitely rude; in fact, it would never make it through the automatic censor. But it usually gets a laugh. ;)

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I say "Bless you" merely out of habit and being polite. I feel that I'm being rude if I ignore someone after they sneeze.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I voted "other"

"Oh man, not on me!!!!!"

I never heard people respond to a sneeze in NZ....

Now I dont say anything either. (ALSO because of the Black Plague thingie) My mom gets really mad when I dont' bless her sneeze.... what, like I'm Christian or something? :p

Mercy Not Sacrifice

ever since I learned the reason behind saying "bless you" I have really not wanted to say it anymore so I usually try not to say anything but sometimes if the person looks around for some sort of acknowledgement then I'll squeeze out a "bless you" or something.

Yeah. I say "bless you" anyway simply because it is a social grace.

Aqualung

Tasty
I make a very big point of never saying anything, and never acknowledging it when somebody says anything to me. For one, I kind of feel uncomfortable blessing people when they sneeze. And also, it's just such a popular thing to say and I generally try to define myself in opposition to popular things.

kadzbiz

I have to answer this on behalf of my father, a Croatian in his 60's, who always used to say "Vrit nos!" which literally translates to "Into your a** put your nose." It always made me laugh.