• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about Judas Iskariot?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Judas is the biblical equivalent of "snitches get stitches," but instead of stitches he fell and his guts spill out everywhere like he was humpty dumpty. Wait, or did he just feel really guilty and hang himself? I guess it could be both. I never understood the contradictions surrounding this event

According to Matthew 27:1–10, after learning that Jesus was to be crucified, Judas attempted to return the money he had been paid for his betrayal to the chief priests and hanged himself.[2] The priests used the money to buy a field to bury strangers in, which was called the "Field of Blood" because it had been bought with blood money.

So here we see Judas returns the money and he hangs himself

The Book of Acts 1:18 quotes Peter as saying that Judas used the money to buy the field himself and, he "[fell] headlong... burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out." His place among the Twelve Apostles was later filled by Matthias.This became known to all who lived in Jerusalem, so that in their own language they called that field Hakeldama, that is, 'Field of Blood.'"

Here we see that instead of returning the money, he uses it to buy land and he falls and his guts spill out on it

Did he own the land, or did the priests buy it after his death?

As for the death, I guess you could say that he hung himself over a cliff, he stayed up there for a long time, then he fell and exploded in a spectacular fashion, but the money contradiction is irreconcilable for me

Also, we have the contradiction of the accounts for how the area got the name "the field of blood." Was it because of the blood money, or the actual literal spilling of guts? Two different accounts give two different reasons

Ajax

Also, we have the contradiction of the accounts for how the area got the name "the field of blood." Was it because of the blood money, or the actual literal spilling of guts? Two different accounts give two different reasons
I think God doesn't like the apologists and tries to confuse them..