• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about this -British army shooting victims' families appeal for TD help

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
British army shooting victims' families appeal for TD help | BreakingNews.ie
Relatives of 11 people killed by the British army in disputed circumstances today appealed for TDs to support their campaign for an independent inquiry.

The victims, including a Catholic priest, were shot dead by soldiers over three days from August 9, 1971 in the Ballymurphy area of west Belfast amid sectarian violence.

All 11 were unarmed and were not members of any terrorist group.

The families of the dead, supported by the Relatives for Justice, are pushing for an independent inquiry and apologies from the British government and the Parachute Regiment.

(TD is the Irish for Memeber of Parliment)

kai

ragamuffin
i support the call for an independant inquiry which i hope will be just as inquisitive into paramilitery involvement as it is into British Army involvement in any deaths.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I think there needs to be something wide ranging done. These things are going to keep coming up one by one and I think that's corrosive.
I'm a Sinn Fein voter since they put the guns away but I think that Republican, Loyalist and Government crimes need to be brought into the light of day and a line drawn under them.

kai

ragamuffin
I think there needs to be something wide ranging done. These things are going to keep coming up one by one and I think that's corrosive.
I'm a Sinn Fein voter since they put the guns away but I think that Republican, Loyalist and Government crimes need to be brought into the light of day and a line drawn under them.

agreed!

BillBo

I suppose the gunman my brother and a para arrested in the street using kids as a shield is really a figment of his imagination.

Funny how people who keep shouting expect others to believe them, even when ones own evidence contradicts the basis of what is being shouted about.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I suppose the gunman my brother and a para arrested in the street using kids as a shield is really a figment of his imagination.

Funny how people who keep shouting expect others to believe them, even when ones own evidence contradicts the basis of what is being shouted about.

I'm missing your point, could you expand?