• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think happens after we die and how does it make you feel?

BruceDLimber

I still found no real answer to what it is that people DO in the afterlife.

Perhaps you're asking a question whose answer we haven't been given in this life.

I again refer you to the quote (emphasis added):

"If any man be told that which hath been ordained for such a soul in the worlds of God, the Lord of the throne on high and of earth below, his whole being will instantly blaze out in his great longing to attain that most exalted, that sanctified and resplendent station.... The nature of the soul after death can never be described, nor is it meet and permissible to reveal its whole character to the eyes of men."
--Gleanings, p. 156

Peace,

Bruce

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon

Perhaps you're asking a question whose answer we haven't been given in this life.

I again refer you to the quote (emphasis added):

"If any man be told that which hath been ordained for such a soul in the worlds of God, the Lord of the throne on high and of earth below, his whole being will instantly blaze out in his great longing to attain that most exalted, that sanctified and resplendent station.... The nature of the soul after death can never be described, nor is it meet and permissible to reveal its whole character to the eyes of men."
--Gleanings, p. 156

Peace,

Bruce

Right.
So we're basically right back to ineffability.
Seems we always end up there when it comes to these matters...

ellenjanuary

Ya know why the NDE is a buncha BS? What records the memory? What memory storage records the Eternal? And if you're just a chump waiting to take lumps, the devil gonna take his due... which is to say, if the Spirit within you is in contradiction to the Spirit Eternal, expect some internal regulation... we have a brain whose biggest power load is Making Stuff Up, a.k.a. the blink... now, if one does the math, considers a simulator giving a free rein, considering as well that "eternal" means "timelessness" and the last nanosecond can be a subjective milennia, maybe you can have an NDE like I had, that simplifies nicely:

Beyond the threshold of eternity is beauty for all...

My subjective reality enhanced by the scientific method of nine years of life and a few moments of seeing the end... well, last time three different groups of medical professionals told me I was dying, I was telling jokes... in all honesty, it never even entered my mind. The worst part, now, is my "inhuman lack of sympathy" for the bereaved. It's ridiculous, I gotta leave the room...

All that remains to fear is the loss of complexity. ;)