• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want from your religion ?

Adept

In depth knowledge / understanding of myself and the world around me and to help the rest of my species do the same. Also the acceptance of occultism as a valid school of thought and psychological practice. My dissertation will hopefully help that once I get there, haha.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Babes. I'm an adherent of Chicken Egg Sexing only in order to attract the babes. It hasn't actually been working out for me as planned, but then, I was for many years a conservative, so I am used to adamantly clinging to things that don't work.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought you'd committed altruist acts? So then haven't you found altruism?

You lie. You do not think I'd committed (wrong word imo) an altruist act. Wasn't it you who thought I thought I had? I said they were possible. Was it you who said they were not possible?

I have been thinking about it. And I think I had said there is nothing human that is 100%. (Did you read that post?)

So I have been thinking about it. I think I must agree with you there is no such thing as perfect altruism. We should throw that word away I suppose. What do you suppose?

Is anything perfect? I think not.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
To gain wisdom, understanding, compassion.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I'm hoping that it would bring me closer to the divine, personal betterment and perhaps bring me peace and contentment.

I really desire these things. I just can't seem to find a way to do it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The Wisdom, or Understanding which made you follow your religion, Came from where ?

I don't know for sure. Maybe it's always been there. I don't know if it comes from God if there is a God, or one thing leads to another, "dependent origin".

chinu

chinu
I don't know for sure. Maybe it's always been there. I don't know if it comes from God if there is a God, or one thing leads to another, "dependent origin".
Anyways,
How can the Wisdom, or Understanding of any religion be greater than the Wisdom, or Understanding which made you follow that religion ? :) tell me.

Troubadour

The ability to think for myself, rather than having someone standing behind a pulpit telling me what I do and don't believe.

Yes, if I had a religion that called home (which I don't at present), I would want this from it, too.

Thus Unitarianism or the Quakers appeal a lot to me, and I am investigating both as well as other paths.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyways,
How can the Wisdom, or Understanding of any religion be greater than the Wisdom, or Understanding which made you follow that religion ? :) tell me.

The truth we believe depends on our point of view. To put it in theistic terms Jāki rahi bhāvanā jaisi prabhu mūrat dekhi tin taisi, everyone sees God in his own way.