• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does being a Christian mean to you?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
to me it means following Jesus example as someone who dedicated their life to doing Gods will. Jesus showed us how to walk with God. He showed us what is important in life and that the most important thing is to uphold Jehovahs righteousness and soverignty.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
To me it means believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the one sent by His Father to atone for my sins if I repent and follow Him.

astrocometman

What it means to be a Christian is defined individually. Each one of us are in a process whose outcomes are our own, nobody else's. There are principles to observe having to do with qualities Yeshua evidenced in his presentation. Well rounded is what it means to be a Christian to me. To be founded on the stone that cannot be broken. I am very happy with what scripture has provided for me to be able to effectively counter atheistic thinking along a spectrum of topics. Knowing the truth of what scripture declares is especially relevant today. My thought is that we need to be thinking about what's claimed of the Days of Noah. On that point I am not a rabid "This is it," the end of the world. What I am saying there are happenings that give rise to consider what's in view in our times. I'm talking about UFOs, Crop Circles, what's written of Anunnaki, referred to in Enoch as Watchers. Nephilim were a part of that. What's being presented in Crop Circles refers to Enki, the Sumerian god, otherwise referred to in scripture as Fallen Ones. These beings are purportedly at the door, 2012 may be an open introduction of thei reality. But, of course they've openly showed themselves openly before. There will be another level of showing themselves is my position. The beings once existing on earth are what they need to be to land and function on earth. I say the time is to educate believers. The church does not educate on the whole, religion is not what I subscribe to in being observant of Christ in my ways.

To me being a Christian is about trusting God and the finished work of his son Jesus, because of Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross, God now sees me as righteous not through my own deeds but through faith accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.My daily work is to rest in the knowledge Jesus has done it all and to become sin unconscious.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I pray to Jesus for enlightment, and think people should follow what he says, wheter or not they believe in him.

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
A relationship with Christ.

That's pretty much my take as well.

And for me, a relationship with Christ is deeply personal and means that God's Kingdom is right here with us and in us. Jesus came to tell us that Heaven is here on earth. We are stardust and divine and we need to know we are Light, Truth, The Way - whatever.

I take the stories of the Bible as myth and metaphor and allegory. The virgin birth and resurrection are archetypal legends. I do not believe the Bible is the inerrant word of a deity. I do believe that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was God, however. God is the One, the Source, the Cosmic Energy that infuses everything.

Actually, I could stop spewing my verbiage right now and simply say with one word, what being a Christian means to me - Agape.:hearts:

Have a wonderful, light-filled day everyone! xxoo

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
To me being a Christian is about trusting God and the finished work of his son Jesus, because of Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross, God now sees me as righteous not through my own deeds but through faith accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.My daily work is to rest in the knowledge Jesus has done it all and to become sin unconscious.

This.

I was struck by something today in church (no, not a bolt of lightning!). I need to re-read the New Testament. Sort of a refresher on Jesus and His teachings. Whenever I do that, I am struck by things I didn't notice before, so I am going to start doing that again this week.

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Love this thread. Speaking of Love, Jesus loved us. We would be wise to remember that and act from that place of Love. It's not always that easy, but practice helps!

Love and Light and Truth - all interchangeable.

Christianity is about Love and Community.

It's a groovin' Sunday morn and the sun is shining! So is God's Love!

xxoo