• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What faith would you support banning???

What faith would you suppoort banning?

• Total voters

Bishka

Veteran Member
I know very well the article of Faith, Thanks for pointing it out, and Yes, I allow people to do whatever they want because it doesn't affect me. It's called being Polite, nobody said anythign about true respect. The 11th article of Faith is about repsecting the person, says nothing about respecting the ideas.

Actually the 11th Article of Faith is about freedom of religion/belief. We give people the right worship what they want, who they want and how they want. By you saying you want to ban these religions, you are going against the 11th article Faith. It is completely against banning religions, as is our faith.

And the fact that those religious beliefs i listed have nothing to give back to humanity that is wholesome and uplifitng. just as well as there is no such thing as being "posessed" or things of that nature.

You know nothing about Paganism do you? Out of any religious faith I've met, they have the most respect for this earth that God has given us, they want to keep it in pristine condition and try to keep it the way it was created. God gave us this earth as a gift, why ruin it? I hardly see that as a 'secret combination'.

There is not such thing as being possessed? What about the man that Jesus Christ cast the devils out of? Or the little children that He cast the devils out of in the Bible? If that is not possession, I do not know what is. I'm curious what you actually know about those faiths (from what I can tell it's little to nothing.)

Joseph Smith once said it is the responsibility of the Latter-day Saint to, "...receive truth, let is come from whence it may." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 313)

madhatter85

Transhumanist
whatever, I didn't say i'm moving to ban any religion, i jsut said i would support it.

That's the moral equivalent of someone who would stand by and let the Nazis persecute the Jews because they thought Judaism was nothing but secret codes and combinations.

Well, now that we have that settled...

Bishka

Veteran Member
you do realize that those "devils" were siezures, there are no "devils" to be cast out of a human body,the statements of devils back then were because they didn't knwo how to explain that a sezure is a brain-chemical imbalance or nerve damage, epilepsy ect... Satan and his followers can never posess or gain mortal bodies, you should know that.

Could cite a reference for you statement? They can never gain mortal bodies, that I know, they can never have one of their own, but could you cite a reference on not possessing human bodies?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Like I stated before,

Joseph Smith once said it is the responsibility of the Latter-day Saint to, "...receive truth, let is come from whence it may." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 313)
Oh, silly Becky! You have missed the fine print there. Look a little closer. It clearly says "...receive truth, let it come from whence it may, as long as it's not from any of those icky nonChristians."

I hope this clears things up for you, dear!

Bishka

Veteran Member
Oh, silly Becky! You have missed the fine print there. Look a little closer. It clearly says "...receive truth, let it come from whence it may, as long as it's not from any of those icky nonChristians."

I hope this clears things up for you, dear!

Thank you so much Jaymes!! I knew I was wrong about something, I must go and repent now!! :p

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Can you be more specific? If this is the only criteria, then why single out these? Why not support banning every religion that isn't Christianity?

because other religious groups believe in a single authority that teaches good things like love, peace, and service to your fellow man. those are good things.

I cannot respect the practice of worshiping Satan, or his followers, or anything of the like.

Aqualung

Tasty
Or even better, ban everyone! That way, no one can complain about another's practices since they'd all be illegal anyway ;)

Or ban none of them, but I guess whatever floats your boat.

There were really two ways:

The catholic mentioned that he feels a certain way about X religions.

The pagan implied that since others may feel that same way about catholicism yet don't support banning it, that the Catholic should not support banning of X religions.

This is really no different from what I stated, which is that maybe the others should support banning catholicism instead.

Both are silly and/or pointless.