• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What godless means

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think it's not that respectful towards evangelicals.
They love Jesus.
They love God.
Evangelicals often ignore what Jesus taught and are judgmental and condescending towards others by implying God is on their side. If anyone is disrespectful it is evangelicals.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
why I started this thread (maybe I shouldn't have)

Because I remained enchanted by the words of this great professor. He is an atheist.
He has written the best books ever about Jesus. Jesus as a man and as a leader.
He really explained what it means to be spiritual. And that you don't need to believe in any God for that.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Since God doesn't exist either, I am godless too. ;)
Technically, that is what I think. But these terms are usually deceiving beliefs. So, if you don't believe in Zeus, you are zeusless. if you do, you would be zeused. if you don't believe in God, you are godless.

simple

• Haha
Reactions: ppp

ppp

Technically, that is what I think. But these terms are usually deceiving beliefs. So, if you don't believe in Zeus, you are zeusless. if you do, you would be zeused. if you don't believe in God, you are godless.

simple
While there is no cure, there is a course of treatments for paronomasia. You can live a normal-adjacent life!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do you have to believe in a coherent meaning of spirit that isn't already subsumed by entirely material concepts?
By the way, the woman is a theist and they are debating.
Even if they don't agree on some points here and there, there are many others they agree upon.
Like the fact that the society is more and more devoid of spirituality.
:)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Because I remained enchanted by the words of this great professor. He is an atheist.
He really explained what it means to be spiritual. And that you don't need to believe in any God for that.

Unfortunately, I don't understand Italian. Could you explain what he means to 'be spiritual'? It is a term I have always stumbled upon.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
By the way, the woman is a theist and they are debating.
Even if they don't agree on some points here and there, there are many others they agree upon.
Like the fact that the society is more and more devoid of spirituality.
:)

I have seen a decline in compassion. I have seen a decline in people wanting to be educated. I have seen a decline in politeness.

Are those what they mean by spirituality?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have seen a decline in compassion. I have seen a decline in people wanting to be educated. I have seen a decline in politeness.

Are those what they mean by spirituality?
Unfortunately, I don't understand Italian. Could you explain what he means to 'be spiritual'? It is a term I have always stumbled upon.

I think it's perceivable how tranquil and pleasant a debate between atheists and theists is, in my own country. :)
At 13:00 the theist, the lady asks him: why do so many people tend to live very plain lives, without asking themselves any question of high meaning?
And he replies: the Enlightenment philosophers' dream was that, once removed the fumes and the fogs of religion, the great majority of mankind could elevate themselves thanks to culture. Their dream is now broken. Once removed the fogs of religion, culture still belongs to few people, and most people grope in the same darkness: selfishness, foolishness, ephemeral past-times.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Godlessness can be defined as the state of being without God, lacking belief in a higher power, or rejecting the existence of a deity. It is often associated with atheism, agnosticism, or secularism. Godlessness is a multifaceted concept that encompasses a range of beliefs and attitudes towards religion and spirituality.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

I prefer Odiffredi, among Italian authors in that area. His book about human stupidity is quite good, and accurate.
He is also quite spiritual, in a much simpler way. No need to make things more complicated than they need to.

Ciao

]- viole

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I prefer Odiffredi. He is also quite spiritual, in a much simpler way. As much as me.

Ciao

]- viole
I like Odifreddi too.
I would like to know what's wrong with Augias, though. ;)

There is also Margherita Hack...who used to be a great atheist, as well.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I like Odifreddi too.
I would like to know what's wrong with Augias, though. ;)

There is also Margherita Hack...who used to be a great atheist, as well.
I think he respect Jesus far too much. I think Jesus is probably the most overrated person in history, independently of his claims of divinity. A little bit like Angela Merkel in recent history.

Peacemakers that just cause wars.

Ciao

- viole

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think he respect Jesus far too much. I think Jesus is probably the most overrated person in history, independently of his claims of divinity. A little bit like Angela Merkel in recent history.

Peacemakers that just cause wars.

Ciao

- viole

Margherita Hack considered Jesus a great man, as well.
Btw, I am glad you know these intellectuals.

PS: why won't your husband join RF? ;)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Margherita Hack considered Jesus a great man, as well.
Btw, I am glad you know these intellectuals.

PS: why won't your husband join RF? ;)
of course I know those people. Italian is basically my second most proficient language, not to speak of all the Italian newspapers I read.

i think Jesus sort of pacifism is exactly what causes wars. The only way to have peace is to acquire such a capacity of destruction that people think twice before attacking you. Smiles are useless if not accompanied by a shotgun. That is pacifism. To prepare for war.

My hubby? How do you know he did not join?

ciao

- viole

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
of course I know those people. Italian is basically my second most proficient language, not to speak of all the Italian newspapers I read.
That's nice.
i think Jesus sort of pacifism is exactly what causes wars. The only way to have peace is to acquire such a capacity of destruction that people think twice before attacking you. Smiles are useless if not accompanied by a shotgun. That is pacifism. To prepare for war.
Si vis pacem, para bellum?
My motto is: make love, not war. Soldiers are too handsome and sexy to be wasted in a war.
My hubby? How do you know he did not join?
He did? Who is he? :)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum?
My motto is: make love, not war. Soldiers are too handsome and sexy to be wasted in a war.
Well, when you have criminal hordes trying to invade Europe, probably it is best to be prepared. Especially, because they might take your motto too seriously, if we take into account their rapist nature, too.

Ciao

- viole