• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to Jesus

watoca

I happen to agree with the person that asked for proof. And, if you believe in an unintrucive God then how can you believe Jesus would storm the temple with swords. I do agree that some crucified were rebels, but many were theifs and still some others didn't want to be vile like the ancient Romans were. All of it true human standard, and interesting how just recently mainstream America was inroduced to it through the show Spartacus.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I happen to agree with the person that asked for proof. And, if you believe in an unintrucive God then how can you believe Jesus would storm the temple with swords.

Jesus, a man, led a throng to occupy the Temple for a day. What has that got to do with God--except for the fact that God didn't show as Jesus expected.

I do agree that some crucified were rebels, but many were theifs and still some others didn't want to be vile like the ancient Romans were. All of it true human standard, and interesting how just recently mainstream America was inroduced to it through the show Spartacus.

Yes, under Spartacus, 6000 of the rebellious slaves he led were crucified (his body was never found, hmmm). And Josephus relates that when the Romans were sacking Jerusalem in 70 CE, Titus was crucifying at least five hundred Jews a day. In fact, so many that "there was not enough room (along the walls) for the crosses and not enough crosses for the bodies"

Yes, others were crucified, but the vast majority were as a result of some form of insurrection. But it's something of a moot point. I merely pointed out the other two were probably rebels as well, merely by association with Jesus, who was crucified for insurrection as the Bible relates, his cross bearing the sarcastic title, "King of the Jews". Also that he wouldn't have cleansed the Temple on his own. The throng that accompanied him caused fear among the priests, which was why they employed Judas to help them arrest him away from the crowds.

Muffled

Jesus in me
At the most basic level Christianity is being human(all that is good) instead of animal(materialistic, domination, in the rat race, competition, etc.). So by making a conscious daily effort to do good, practicing genuine humility, and helping my brothers and sisters(all of humanity) or in other words, strive to be completely selfless. By doing this I(we) can experience much of heaven in this journey of life. Much, if not all, of JC teachings were not understood by even his disciples. This is just a little, i'm not very eloquent but this is in the range of what I believe at the moment.

I heartily disagree as I believe Christianity is all about being divine by God's grace as Jesus is divine according to His words.

As Mark Twain said "It is not the difficult to undestand parts that bother me but the parts that are clear." Peter understood Jesus when He said He would be crucified but he wsn't willing for it to happen.

Sometimes the most profound things are stated simply.

Last edited: