• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what happens?

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
what happens to non-believers when they die from your/your religions point of view?

They go to heaven.

Everybody basically gets saved.

They only people are 'sons of perdition', which are literally very few in number.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
beckysoup61 said:
They go to heaven.

Everybody basically gets saved.

They only people are 'sons of perdition', which are literally very few in number.

but then why is it misconcieved by non-believers that we won't go to heaven? surely not believing or having no faith would be a sin? i'm unsure thus why i started this thread!

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
but then why is it misconcieved by non-believers that we won't go to heaven?
I don't know, you tell me, you are the one who asked this question and I was answering it. I can't answer for others beliefs, so do not ask me to be a mind-reader.

darkpenguin said:
surely not believing or having no faith would be a sin?
Not necessarily.

darkpenguin said:
i'm unsure thus why i started this thread!
Appparently.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
beckysoup61 said:
I don't know, you tell me, you are the one who asked this question and I was answering it. I can't answer for others beliefs, so do not ask me to be a mind-reader.quote]

i'm not sure lol, it's just what i've been led to believe, think this could be a good thread for people to get over one of the main missconceptions of religion! :puppy:

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
darkpenguin said:
what happens to non-believers when they die from your/your religions point of view?

They rot in the ground/go up in flames/get cryonically stored/mashed up for McDonald's burgers like everyone else. :p

robtex

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
but then why is it misconcieved by non-believers that we won't go to heaven? surely not believing or having no faith would be a sin? i'm unsure thus why i started this thread!

she is stating the LDS position. Other christians have other opinions on the matter.

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
i'm not sure lol, it's just what i've been led to believe, think this could be a good thread for people to get over one of the main missconceptions of religion! :puppy:

Led to believe by who? Do you think for yourself and instead of beleiving someone word for it, go out and research the topic yourself?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
darkpenguin said:

ummm non-jews have a place in the World To Come...the righteous of all nations do.
no one's perfect.:rolleyes:

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Revasser said:
They rot in the ground/go up in flames/get cryonically stored/mashed up for McDonald's burgers like everyone else. :p

don't say that, i had a big tasty burger from there earlier lol, now i feel like barfing!i found out after i ate that i was a good 20% over my daily allowance for fat and salt etc, was still a tasty burger lol :)

Bishka

Veteran Member
robtex said:
she is stating the LDS position. Other christians have other opinions on the matter.

He's right, I probably should have specified that in my post.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
[quote-Foxy] They rot in the ground/go up in flames/get cryonically stored/mashed up for McDonald's burgers like everyone else. :p [/quote] i'm still sticking with my consentual necrophilia argument :rolleyes:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
darkpenguin said:
so that means your god is forgiving of non-believers?

forgiving of what?? We don't believe in eternal damnation...there's no mechanism of salvation in the christian sense of the term...

as long as you are a good person (ideally living by the 7 Noahidic Laws, but those are more like guidelines anyways) you're good to go:monkey:

besides, Judaism's emphasis isn't on the next life, but this life

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
darkpenguin said:
don't say that, i had a big tasty burger from there earlier lol, now i feel like barfing!i found out after i ate that i was a good 20% over my daily allowance for fat and salt etc, was still a tasty burger lol :)
Well, we don't have to be burger meat. There are other uses. I hear humans would give quite a good colagen harvest, so they could boil us up and make gelatine. :p

Edit: Raspberry Jell-O is made of people! IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!!!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
darkpenguin said:

When people who do not believe in Girls On Trampolines die, they go to a horrid place where they are whomped on by a fearful demonness known to mankind only as "Feathers" until they repent and accept the true beauty of the Gospel of Girls On Trampolines!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*attempts to hide her pitchfork*

Non-believers in my interpretation of my tradition go to the same place as believers.
It wouldn't be a fun place otherwise!

ayani

FeathersinHair said:
Non-believers in my interpretation of my tradition go to the same place as believers.

It wouldn't be a fun place otherwise!

now : that's : a great answer, Feathers.

honestly, i do not know where we go when we die. i suspect we go somewhere.

and i am not of the disposition or inclination to believe that where i go vs. where others go is somehow connected to our religious affiliation. if there is a system of judgement after death, i would imagine it is more based upon the contents of one's character and how well one used his/her earthly gifts to bend the arch of the universe towards mercy and flourishing.

Random

darkpenguin said:
What happens to non-believers when they die from your/your religions point of view?

Unless they have transcended the compulsion to reincarnate in one form or another, they suffer karmic rebirth like anyone else. Which, depending on whether you love life or not, can suck royally. But its a natural metaphysical law in context, I guess...