• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if the existence/non existence of God was proven !! ?

W

Withdrawnmist

Happy Thursday RF Peepss of International Goodness warmth and Juicy Squishiness !!

What do you think the repercussions would be if the existence or non-existence of God could be proven ?...and proven to the degree that even the most hardliner would be convinced either way !...without doubt, without question etc etc (and other phrases that mean ' definitely ')

Me thinks all hell would break out !..I don't know why Ime thinks that though...but me does !!

So, what do you think would happen ?...and how would the news (either way) affect your life ?

As a supplementary...may I ask those of ewe who are convinced either way if you have ever .....(even for a few minutes) ever had a situation where ewe have doubted your convictions..........?

Would it be possible to elaborate on that moment here ?

Thanks Special Peeps (ewe know me luffs ewe yes ?)

My respects and good wishes for a Happy rest of the week.

HUGS & SHMISHES XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Neil

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Withdrawnmist said:
Happy Thursday RF Peepss of International Goodness warmth and Juicy Squishiness !!
What do you think the repercussions would be if the existence or non-existence of God could be proven ?...and proven to the degree that even the most hardliner would be convinced either way !...without doubt, without question etc etc (and other phrases that mean ' definitely ')
Me thinks all hell would break out !..I don't know why Ime thinks that though...but me does !!
A lot of atheists would have to change their minds quickly.......

So, what do you think would happen ?...and how would the news (either way) affect your life ?
It wouldn't change my life one iota.

As a supplementary...may I ask those of ewe who are convinced either way if you have ever .....(even for a few minutes) ever had a situation where ewe have doubted your convictions..........?
Of course I have, many many times . It is necessarry to doubt sometimes, to be able to be certain.
Would it be possible to elaborate on that moment here ?
Too many to talk about; usually when someone I love goes through a dreadful ilness or suffers a dreaful disaster
Thanks Special Peeps (ewe know me luffs ewe yes ?)
I am sure you do; me loves ewe too.

My respects and good wishes for a Happy rest of the week.
And mine to you

HUGS & SHMISHES XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
reciprocated!:)

W

Withdrawnmist

michel said:
A lot of atheists would have to change their minds quickly.......

It wouldn't change my life one iota.

Of course I have, many many times . It is necessarry to doubt sometimes, to be able to be certain.
Too many to talk about; usually when someone I love goes through a dreadful ilness or suffers a dreaful disaster
I am sure you do; me loves ewe too.

And mine to you

reciprocated!:)

THANK EWE so much MICHEL , Grabs the Michel, hugs the lichel, Luffs the michel, APPRECIATES and never forgets how hard the Michel works on this forum !!

yes yes, me sees exactly what ewe mean about the necessity of doubt to reinforce certainty...*very good...*excellent stuff...me is learning all the time here ..

*me hopes ewe do not think this is sounding patronising !!..no no no no !!..I am completely sincere here.

I appreciate also the ' too many times to cite ' times where ewe have doubted your convictions....clearly your convictions have always been so inherent in ewe that despite the doubts...the comfort of your convictions has always shone through....albeit eventual......

I really do respect this wonderful steadfastness in your belief. Me applauds it and celebrates with ewe because of it.

THANK EWE SO MUCH MICHEL

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Withdrawnmist said:
Grabs the Michel, hugs the lichel, Luffs the michel,

i'll assume that was a genuine typo :D:p

i don't know what would happen, i guess if it did happen, a lot of people would just piont blank refuse the eivdence.

W

Withdrawnmist

Mike182 said:
i'll assume that was a genuine typo :D:p

i don't know what would happen, i guess if it did happen, a lot of people would just piont blank refuse the eivdence.

LOL !!..YES, it was a genuine typo !! :D...At least I didn't call him Lichen !!...though I have met some very nice fungi in my time and then eaten them !!..yummy ! :)

Me supposes that even in the face of overwhelming evidnce that the peeps who would still disbelieve are the exact kind of peeps who cause all the trouble in the world !

Hugs the Mike182...YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
It's ewe! :hugehug:

**hugs the sheep**

Actually to me, God cannot be proven to be non-existant because to me, he DOES exist. Sometimes things happen which make me believe that it can't be anything BUT God. One or two might not be explained by science. If God was proven to exist and those who never believed started to believe, I don't think that there will be any riots or anything. If anything at all, the love of God will unite everyone. However, I think that something major will happen before God gives a big sign to the world saying "Hey, I'm God." I think it will be something like what the Christians call Armageddon.

W

Withdrawnmist

Hema said:
It's ewe! :hugehug:

**hugs the sheep**

Actually to me, God cannot be proven to be non-existant because to me, he DOES exist. Sometimes things happen which make me believe that it can't be anything BUT God. One or two might not be explained by science. If God was proven to exist and those who never believed started to believe, I don't think that there will be any riots or anything. If anything at all, the love of God will unite everyone. However, I think that something major will happen before God gives a big sign to the world saying "Hey, I'm God." I think it will be something like what the Christians call Armageddon.
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!..It's Hema !!

**Hugs the Hema **
wavesmile.gif

I am soooooooooooo happy with your wonderful joy in treasure of your belief.

Maybe one day, me will be able to take such a leap of faith too...

Me thinks it's shame that armageddon has to hapopen first though !!.....I mean..that can really ruin your day to wake up to find your neighbourhood doesn't exist !!...me supposes the paper boy/girl will fail to deliver the paper that day too as well !!

THANKS THE HEMA

logician

Some god concepts can be disproven, none can be proven, since god concepts are out of the realm of science, and in the realm of the supernatural or the absurd.

Yerda

Veteran Member
wanderer085 said:
Some god concepts can be disproven, none can be proven, since god concepts are out of the realm of science, and in the realm of the supernatural or the absurd.
Aw come on, no dodging the question.

If some god could be demostrated to exist to me I'd probably be shocked, and possibly curse it for leaving me with insufficient evidence to affirm its existence beforehand. I'm not sure that anything would change, except I'd maybe feel a bit awkward in the shower...

If it could be conclusively demonstrated that no gods exist, and everything happens of it's own accord I'd have a quick smug smile and get on with it.

By the way, you look good in them shoes, Sheep. :D

TurkeyOnRye

Withdrawnmist said:

Hard to answer such a question since it's an utter removal from reality. How can one answer a question that has been taken out of context? If God were somehow proven, I think I would react by going to the doctor because something must be wrong with my head.

Yerda

Veteran Member
wanderer085 said:
How does one distinguish a god from a superintelligent alien?
Who cares? You just have to believe that it is God (whatever that means). Now stop with the swerving, you're letting the side down. :p

W

Withdrawnmist

Jaiket said:
Aw come on, no dodging the question.

I

By the way, you look good in them shoes, Sheep. :D

Ewe're not jealous are ewe ?..THANK EWE Jaiket !...

W

Withdrawnmist

TurkeyOnRye said:
Hard to answer such a question since it's an utter removal from reality. How can one answer a question that has been taken out of context? If God were somehow proven, I think I would react by going to the doctor because something must be wrong with my head.

THANK EWE Pastra..TURKEYONRYE...Hugs that Sandwich !! (Great !!..now I have a delish sandwich implante in my head ) !! *drools and slobbers like a drooling slobbering sheep*

Methinks (in my limited but growing awareness of stuff) that isn't Religion per se out of context for a lot of peeps ?..and also outside from reality ? It was a very easy question for me to ask and me thinks a fairly straight forward one two..but that's just My opinion of course. Me could not be bothered to go down the ' lets define God' route first because that would negate me the asking the question in the first place as methinks it's impossible to get a definition that everyone agrees to and then we have to understand that everybody's actual, understanding of the concept is in sync too !!...phew !!....*headache mode*...time for a Grass Milkshake and I have an itch so me needs to find a tree to rub my bum up against !!

me just thinks with my simplistic approach ie: ignoring all the clutter, that it was a reasonable question to ask.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!..........Yummmy !!...me hungry !!....me wonders why !! ?....cos since me started responding to your post (which me is grateful for) that me can't get the sandwich out of my head !!

W

Withdrawnmist

‡Âlãn‡ said:
My mind would be settled.

THANK EWE ‡Âlãn‡,

I would like to think the world would be settled too...I know I would be...and then would start all the other questions that would manuifest as a consequence ....oh joy !!

Hugs the ‡Âlãn‡ (don't know what ' ‡Âlãn‡' means and certainly can't pronounce it but me likes it !!)

W

Withdrawnmist

wanderer085 said:
How does one distinguish a god from a superintelligent alien?

Me agrees with the Guitars Cry....

Isn't God by definition ..a super intelligent alien ?

The wanderer085 maybe wandering but sheepy catches up and gives a sheepy hug..YAYYYYYYYYYY !!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Withdrawnmist said:
THANK EWE so much MICHEL , Grabs the Michel, hugs the lichel, Luffs the michel, APPRECIATES .........

I really do respect this wonderful steadfastness in your belief. Me applauds it and celebrates with ewe because of it.

THANK EWE SO MUCH MICHEL

You're welcome, and have a whole weekend ful of squishy sheepish Luff and hugs from me, too!:hugehug:

I can definitely say - in all sincerity - that you are a real breath of fresh air - since you joined this forum. Please, don't ever think of leaving us!!!:bow:

logician

Withdrawnmist said:
Isn't God by definition ..a super intelligent alien ?

Cetainly not, an alien would have to be of this universe, where a god by definition must be separate from it.(i.e. it was in existence before the universe came into being).