• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if you're wrong

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
This is for another thread but i am really interested in knowing the answer to this question.

These "ways" you speak of, do they have anything to do with the use of these principles?

THE SEVEN HERMETIC PRINCIPLES
"The Principles of Truth are Seven; he who knows these,
understandingly, possesses the Magic Key before whose
touch all the Doors of the Temple fly open."--The Kybalion.

The Seven Hermetic Principles, upon which the entire Hermetic Philosophy is based, are as follows:

1. The Principle of Mentalism.
2. The Principle of Correspondence.
3. The Principle of Vibration.
4. The Principle of Polarity.
5. The Principle of Rhythm.
6. The Principle of Cause and Effect.
7. The Principle of Gender.

Honestly, I was being tongue-in-cheek when I wrote that response. :D

Nevertheless, I am familiar with the principles. It's not especially prevalent within the contemporary Pagan community; it's more of a thing within those who practice spellcraft in a non-religious context, particularly Hermeticists and ceremonial magicians. Occasionally I see New Agers referencing it. It is not a model that I use, and aspects of it I outright reject. There is a different set of principles of magic that I use, based primarily on work by Isaac Bonewitz. I found his model far more comprehensive and adapted it to my path.

Servant_of_the_One1

Complaining wont work so the person has to accept reality.

I dont think atheists will complain a lot :p
They know they are screwed the moment they see punishment.

gsa

Complaining wont work so the person has to accept reality.

I dont think atheists will complain a lot :p
They know they are screwed the moment they see punishment.

The world's largest religion is pretty certain that you're headed to the same place comrade.

But hey, if there's a God, I'll happily admit I was wrong, and also tell him that he didn't give enough evidence. Who knows? Maybe he wants people to be atheists, given the lack of evidence, and will only reward the elect few who doubt him. There's as much support for that proposition as your own.

Servant_of_the_One1

The world's largest religion is pretty certain that you're headed to the same place comrade.

But hey, if there's a God, I'll happily admit I was wrong, and also tell him that he didn't give enough evidence. Who knows? Maybe he wants people to be atheists, given the lack of evidence, and will only reward the elect few who doubt him. There's as much support for that proposition as your own.

I would accept the reality if that means i go to hellfire for disbelieving in christianity.
Complaining is for the weaker people.