• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if?!?!?!

c0da

This is aimed towards Christians, Jews and Muslims mainly, but please voice your own opinion if you want whoever you are!

Despite your belief in 'god', how would your beliefs change, if at all, if the following situation were to happen....

You begin to see visions from what could be a past life.

You check the visions out and you find out that what you are seeing are experiences that a reccently deceased person went through before his death.

You check more things out and check more of your visions to whether or not the deceased person experienced them and every time it checks out.

All 'evidence' would point to you viewing a past birth/life.

Would you begin to question your views on the afterlife?
Would your views not change at all?
Would you get incredibly drunk and think "dude, I'm cracking up"?

What would you do?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
carry on how i am..... i already accept these things, and have reconciled them suitably with my version of christianity - i would not have a problem :p

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I would just accept it, smile, think on it... and live knowing that i'll continue even after death

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Not much would change -> I'm always changing. But I might get incredibly drunk anyway, because I would anyway.

:D

frg001

Complex bunch of atoms
I would be quite relieved. I believe 100% there is no god, or soul, but if I find out I will be reborn, then woo and yay!

d.

_______
that's a bit like asking 'but if god came up to you one day and shook your hand, would you believe in him then?'

well, i'd...i'd be very surprised. ;)

Ody

c0da2006 said:
This is aimed towards Christians, Jews and Muslims mainly, but please voice your own opinion if you want whoever you are!

Despite your belief in 'god', how would your beliefs change, if at all, if the following situation were to happen....

You check the visions out and you find out that what you are seeing are experiences that a reccently deceased person went through before his death.

You check more things out and check more of your visions to whether or not the deceased person experienced them and every time it checks out.

What would you do?

First take a psychological exam, and if it turns out to truely be visions, then yes i would believe in reincarnation. Haven't had such visions yet 0.0

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
This question is like when your girlfriend in high school would ask, "If I got hit by a truck and lost my arms and legs, would you still love me?". You can't give an honest answer to it unless it actually happens to you.

Dentonz

c0da2006 said:

What would you do?

I would consider that God is trying to tell me something.

Cerrax

That One Guy
According to Madriism, your soul comes from Gaia. Gaia is a collection of all souls, past, present and future, so there is bound to be experiences from past souls lurking deep within that may surface. So I wouldn't really get weirded out by it. Its just part of how everything works (according to my beliefs)

ashai

c0da2006 said:

What would you do?

Ushta c0da2006

As a Zoroastrian this will not seem strange at all. Zarathushtra taught Soul Return ( incidentally before the Brahmins and Buddha taught re-incarnation) Now soul return means that the soul who has not achieved completion because it still chooses wrongfully returns from the Chinvat Bridge ( Bridge of Separation, which basically is a bridge between a the Complete and the incomplete. this, of course, is an allegory)

The difference is that the return is to a state where the person can still choose between right and wrong , but the state is not necessarilly either physical or on this planet.

In other words if I experienced what you describe above, I would assume I am remembering a past life or more accurately a life from where my soul returned from the Chinvat unable to cross it.:jiggy:

Ushta
Ashai

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I already believe in reincarnation, and I have seen past life deaths before. I have also seen what possibly was my most recent past life.

standing_on_one_foot

Well...I'd probably think myself a little crazy, think it was kinda cool, and then get on with my life. I don't have very strong afterlife beliefs to start with, I suppose I could buy into reincarnation.

maggie2

I already believe that reincarnation is a possibility so I'd find it an interesting experience that might confirm my thoughts of its possibility.

c0da

This question is like when your girlfriend in high school would ask, "If I got hit by a truck and lost my arms and legs, would you still love me?". You can't give an honest answer to it unless it actually happens to you.

You heard the man! What would you do if your girlfriend lost her limbs?

No no no, don't answer that one.

that's a bit like asking 'but if god came up to you one day and shook your hand, would you believe in him then?'

For those who already believe the original scenario happens, what would you do if god came up to you and shook your hand and took you on a tour of the Christian/Jewish/Islamic idea of Heaven?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
reccently deceased
Please define recently... if it were my idea of recently then it couldn't be a past life... I mean some died a year - 10 ago can't be a past life of mine...

However I will continue on as if you meant a person had died before my birth.?

This would be a premature conclusion at best. Nothing in this scenario would point specifically towards a past birth/life. It would however point towards one having true visions of events in someone else's life.

No, why should I? No one conclusion for the information in the scenario would be favored by said information.

Since this is one of those questions where I'm not sure whether I would want to answer yes or no. My views would not change.

No.

What would you do?
Pray.

Cynic

c0da2006 said:

What would you do?

I think it would be cool, but it depends on what I was in a past life. Like if I started having visions of being a washed up clam suddenly being pecked at by a seagull, I would definitely get drunk.