• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Islam??

Mahmoud91

A Quick Introduction To Islam

The word "Islam" is an Arabic word which means "submission to the will of God". This word comes from the same root as the Arabic word "salam", which means "peace":clap . As such, the religion of Islam teaches that in order to achieve true peace of mind and surety of heart, one must submit to God and live according to His Divinely revealed Law. The most important truth that God revealed to mankind is that there is nothing divine or worthy of being worshipped except for Almighty God, thus all human beings should submit to Him.

The word "Muslim" means one who submits to the will of God, regardless of their race, nationality or ethnic background. Being a Muslim entails willful submission and active obedience to God, and living in accordance with His message. Some people mistakenly believe that Islam is just a religion for Arabs, but nothing could be further from the truth. Not only are there converts to Islam in every corner of the world, especially in England and America, but by taking a look at the Muslim World from Bosnia to Nigeria, and from Indonesia to Morocco, one can clearly see that Muslims come from many various races, ethnic groups and nationalities. It is also interesting to note that in actuality, more than 80% of all Muslims are not Arabs - there are more Muslims in Indonesia than in the whole Arab World! So though even though it is true that most Arabs are Muslims, the large majority of Muslims are not Arabs. However, anyone who submits completely to God and worships Him alone is a Muslim.

Continuity of the Message:

Islam is not a new religion because "submission to the will of God", i.e. Islam, has always been the only acceptable religion in the sight of God. For this reason, Islam is the true "natural religion", and it is the same eternal message revealed through the ages to all of God's prophets and messengers. Muslims believe that all of God's prophets, which include Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, brought the same message of Pure Monotheism. For this reason, the Prophet Muhammad was not the founder of a new religion, as many people mistakenly think, but he was the Final Prophet of Islam. By revealing His final message to Muhammad, which is an eternal and universal message for all of mankind, God finally fulfilled the covenant that He made with Abraham, who was one of the earliest and greatest prophets. Suffice it to say that the way of Islam is the same as the way of the prophet Abraham, because both the Bible and the Qur'an portray Abraham as a towering example of someone who submitted himself completely to God and worshipped Him without intermediaries. Once this is realized, it should be clear that Islam has the most continuous and universal message of any religion, because all prophets and messengers were "Muslims", i.e. those who submitted to God's will, and they preached "Islam", i.e. submission to the will of Almighty God.

To be continued....

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
THIS WAS INTERESTING READING FROM THAT SITE THOUGH

Most H.adîth Scholars Do Not Possess Intelligence of the H.adîth

* `Abd al-Razzâq al-S.an`ânî, Sufyân's contemporary, was the teacher of the pillars of h.adîth memorization in their time - Ah.mad, Ibn Râhûyah, Ibn Ma`în, and Muh.ammad ibn Yah.yâ al-Dhuhlî. Yet when Muh.ammad ibn Yazîd al-Mustamlî asked Ah.mad: "Did he [`Abd al-Razzâq] possess fiqh?" Ah.mad replied: "How rare is fiqh among those who know h.adîth!"36
* Anas ibn Sîrîn said: "I came to Kûfa and found in it 4,000 persons pursuing h.adîth and 400 persons who had obtained fiqh."37
* Ibn `Abd al-Salâm said: "The majority of h.adîth scholars are ignorant in fiqh."38 A majority of 90" according to Anas ibn Sîrîn - among the Salaf!
* Al-Dhahabî said: "The majority of the h.adîth scholars have no understanding, no diligence in the actual knowledge of h.adîth, and no fear of Allâh regarding it."39 All of the authorities al-Dhahabî listed as "those who are imitated in Islâm" are Jurisprudents and not merely h.adîth masters.
* Al-Sakhâwî in his biography of Ibn H.ajar entitled al-Jawâhir wa al-Durar relates similar views:
Al-Fâriqî said: "One who knows chains of h.adîth but not the legal rulings derived from them cannot be counted among the Scholars of the Law." His student Ibn Abî `As.rûn (d. 585) also followed this view in his book al-Intis.âr.40
http://www.livingislam.org/n/sfh_e.html

(7) Fiqh [jurisprudence] is the precondition for the validity of tasawwuf and that is why it has precedence over it.

TASWUUF IS A BRANCH OF ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE WHICH FOCUSES ON THE SPRITUAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE MUSLIM. (SUFISM)
http://www.tasawwuf.org/basics/what_tasawwuf.htm

Mahmoud91

first i want only to say that iam an egyptian moslim man>>so i may accuse an error or mistake in my language ok?

second>>i have copyed this thread from islamway.com site

third i want to tell the foreigns and the non-islamic people about islam

that is my aim

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Mahmoud91 said:
first i want only to say that iam an egyptian moslim man>>so i may accuse an error or mistake in my language ok?
Lovely to have you here, i'm sure everyone will bear in mind the language difficulty.:) Actually if you talk to Katzpur long enough she will teach you good english and grammar.:angel2:

second>>i have copyed this thread from islamway.com site
Must be a general article as it's on the one i posted to, word for word.

that is my aim
An admirable aim.

Mahmoud91

oh paul ...thank you for your reply ...iam a new member here in this forum ,so i don`t know all the topics or members here...so that i don`t know
unfortunately...or your topic

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Hi Mahmoud...good to have you here with us ;)
I had, and still having this language problem, but people here seem to be so kind that they dont care :D
Hope you get used to the place soon..

It's preferable to have a topic that is debatable in this forum, other info (like the one you provided) can be submitted in ''Islam'' forum..

Wellcome..

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mahmoud91 said:

Your English is quite understandable. Besides which, it's a darn sight better than my Arabic. :D

maro

muslimah
EiNsTeiN said:
Hi Mahmoud...good to have you here with us ;)
I had, and still having this language problem, but people here seem to be so kind that they dont care :D

i am the third egyptian with bad english here :eek: , i think we should work hard to improve it , or else people here will think negatively of us :p

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
maro said:
i am the third egyptian with bad english here :eek: , i think we should work hard to improve it , or else people here will think negatively of us :p
I'm considering seriously having an Egyptian community in RF, to start discussing this issue :D

For a whole year I couldnt find any Egyptian, and in 3 days, I found about 5 other than me...!!

3azeema ya Masr!!..(great Egypt!):D

Booko

Deviled Hen
Mahmoud91 said:

that is my aim

Oh good! There are one or two other Egyptians here too who are Muslim. I look forward to reading you here on RF!

"Einstein" is one, but I think he's off in the desert on vacation just now, but he'll be back soon.

Booko

Deviled Hen
EiNsTeiN said:
I'm considering seriously having an Egyptian community in RF, to start discussing this issue :D

For a whole year I couldnt find any Egyptian, and in 3 days, I found about 5 other than me...!!

3azeema ya Masr!!..(great Egypt!):D

Oh, you're back! I hope you had a great vacation with no snakes. :eek:

Mahmoud91

thanks alot gues for your reply . iam ao happy that you are from egypt like me i thought that i will be alone but it is no longer ههههههههههه

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Booko said:
Oh, you're back! I hope you had a great vacation with no snakes. :eek:
Hi Booko...'guess what?....I'm back!! niahaha :D
We are not 2...we are about 5 Egyptians, and increasing...

Be aware of us ...

Egypt...Egypt:cheer:

(Someone stops me!!)