• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is more important for the future well-being of humankind: Faith or Reason?

Faith or Reaon?

• Reason

Votes: 70 90.9%
  • Faith

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

Jeremiah

Some seem to think that reason should take a backseat to faith. While others seem to believe not only is faith unnecessary but it is detrimental.

So which do you think is more important to humanity and why?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Faith leads us to curl up in dark corners moving our hands in special motions to ward off the demons and pixies.

Reason brought us to the moon and back.

I predict that some people will respond, though, that they're "equally important." I find that to be pretty silly myself though, when you compare what faith has done for humanity and what reason has done for humanity. The benefits are hardly "equal."

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Faith leads us to curl up in dark corners moving our hands in special motions to ward off the demons and pixies.

I predict that some people will respond, though, that they're "equally important." I find that to be pretty silly myself though, when you compare what faith has done for humanity and what reason has done for humanity. The benefits are hardly "equal."

Right. I think looking back over the coarse of human history will speak for itself.

drsatish

Faith & Reason

I sort of agree with Meow when she says Reason is more important than Faith.

But how/what would you attribute the following things to?.....Faith or Reason...?

Federation of American Scientists :: Status of World Nuclear Forces
Nuclear Weapons: Who Has What at a Glance | Arms Control Association
Robots Guarding US Nuclear Stockpile (video) | Singularity Hub

It could be EITHER DUE to FAITH or DUE to REASON!

FAITH...in what?
REASON..OF...what?

Reasoning faithfully,
Satish

IslamDude

The Islam Dude
Reason, for material or scientific development and otherwise.

That's excluding being being burnt at unimaginably high degrees in temperature after you die. If you're going to include that, then faith ftw ^^

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Reason, for material or scientific development and otherwise.

That's excluding being being burnt at unimaginably high degrees in temperature after you die. If you're going to include that, then faith ftw ^^

Why would Allah burn you for being reasonable? :eek:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
While I do think that faith in itself is fine, it must only be used AFTER reason, which is the starting point of understanding.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Faith may be useful in a pinch. But ultimately, reason is a dire need, while faith is often poisonous.