• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is NOT Sacred?

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
So what sort of things are NOT sacred? Why not?

The common because holy and awe inspireing is unsual and draws the eye and the mind closer to the Gods rather than the common. Unless it is a common God, then all that is common is sacred. lol Well, I guess it really depends on who your Gods are, after all.

Anything that I have not set aside as pertaining to the Gods, anything that I have not declaried as holy, anything that I have not used in ritual and religious observations; are not sacred. Why not, because it's functions is not tied directly to the Gods or the worship of them.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
As you can see*points to title*, I'm a Chaos Magician...... well right now a Chaos Elementalist. But to me really nothing is Sacred. I respect thing but to me that's different the it being Scared. It tend to make people made sometimes.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I believe it is everything under the sun. It is hard for me to understand why an entity would designate a material object or a personal concept holy or divine.
If everything is sacred, that pretty much gives everything equal value. Without some things having greater value than others, doesn't that lessen the value of everything?

cardero

Citizen Mod
If everything is sacred, that pretty much gives everything equal value. Without some things having greater value than others, doesn't that lessen the value of everything?
My apologies I should have quoted Sunstone’s title under my post it should read:

What Is NOT Sacred?
I believe it is everything under the sun (that is not sacred). It is hard for me to understand why an entity would designate a material object or a personal concept holy or divine.

Pariah

Let go
If God is everywhere, then He's in our poop.

Not necessarily.
It depends if you're talking about a dualistic God (the Abrahamic one). Then He can be everywhere alongside his creation, but it does not mean that he is part and parcel of his creation.