• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Satanism

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Contemporary Satanism= rational self-interest, vital existence of the individual, and "represents man as another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development" has become the most vicious animal of all".

Suggested reading:
Anton Szandor LaVey's "The Satanic Bible", "The Satanic Rituals", "The Devil's Notebook", and Peter H. Gilmore's "The Satanic Scriptures".

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

jasonwill2

Peter Gilmore is an ******* imho.

Satanism is a diverse religion that ranges from atheism to theism.

Hedonism is really important to the LaVeyans though.

Here are some sources since I do not have a lot of time to make this post.

Theism:

The varieties of theistic ("traditional") Satanism

(different kinds of Theistic Satanism)

What is Satanism?

(a nice intro to Satanism)

FAQ about theistic ("traditional") Satanism in general

(some FAQ's for theistic Satanists)

Joy of Satan

(that above link is to Joy of Satan, they are pretty hated among most other Satanists for now nutty and hateful they are, really weird people)

Atheism:

LaVeyan Satanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(A good over-view of the leading type of atheistic Satanism and probably the most popular form of Satanism EVER)

Official Church of Satan Website

(The Church of Satan's site, they are "LaVeyan" Satanists, the official site of the famous Church that threw the modern Satanist scene into the public eye. with this link, go to "theory-practice" on the left hand side)

General:

SATANISM: Real & imaginary

(Written by non-Satanists who from what I have read on the site have a neutral and even stance on Satanism. Their aim is religious tolerance.)

Who and what is Satan? Various Satanist reinterpretations

(different interpretations on what or who Satan is, from atheism to theism)

Orias

Left Hand Path
I hear a lot of bull said about it all the time, but what is it truly.

Perhaps the reason why you hear so much bull about it is because of what it represents, Opposition.

It takes a learned mind to appreciate and love something that at times may be trying to kill you.

jasonwill2

Perhaps the reason why you hear so much bull about it is because of what it represents, Opposition.

It takes a learned mind to appreciate and love something that at times may be trying to kill you.

When Satan is thought of in evolutionary forces of survival and indulgence, then yes, at times the Satan inside of a frightened animal has tried to kill me. But it takes the Satan inside of the person to kill that animal.

A Satanic human killing a Satanic animal for the Satanic reason of self-preservation... then again all animals are Satanic.

Orias

Left Hand Path
When Satan is thought of in evolutionary forces of survival and indulgence, then yes, at times the Satan inside of a frightened animal has tried to kill me. But it takes the Satan inside of the person to kill that animal.

A Satanic human killing a Satanic animal for the Satanic reason of self-preservation... then again all animals are Satanic.

All things are Satanic...before I reached that conclusion it was...nature tries to kill nature.

Those were the starting blocks for me.

So satanists believe in Satan, is he the same one from the bible generally? Is it just me or is it weird that some people believe in something that might sending them to the equivalent of "hell" after death?

thought so, "the vast majority of theistic Satanists do not believe in Christian theology. Most of us do not believe that the Christian God, if he exists at all, is the true cosmic God. Most of us do not believe that Satan is literally a rebel angel, either."

So not the one from the bible, kay.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well Satan is many things, which includes rebellion.

But that does not necessarily make it a figure of the bible, moreso like a metaphorical gun.

jasonwill2

So satanists believe in Satan, is he the same one from the bible generally? Is it just me or is it weird that some people believe in something that might sending them to the equivalent of "hell" after death?
'
:facepalm:

The majority of Satanists do not believe in Satan. He is a metaphor/allegory to them.

Good though that you found whatever that was that you posted in the next post, it's pretty much it.

Orias

Left Hand Path
'
:facepalm:

The majority of Satanists do not believe in Satan. He is a metaphor/allegory to them.

Good though that you found whatever that was that you posted in the next post, it's pretty much it.

Thats what he was saying dude.

Though I would like to add that the biblical Satan has a pretty strong influence over what I interpret as well.

Its just not as extreme as my other views.

Satanism is only as meaningful as the experience of the one defining it. Personally I see it as praxis, deeds, manifesting the heterodox within the orthodox. It is this very nebulous definition of Satanism that spurred me to create my 'autodiabolic method'