• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best thing you've ever done in life?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When I made the decision to follow Gandhi's recommendation that if we strongly feel that we need to do something, don't make excuses not to do so. However, first check and make certain it's moral.

I've used this approach for roughly 40 years now, and not long before my mother died about 20 years ago, she said to me "You sure do get around". Mom, you should see what has happened with my family and I over the last 20 years.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I've been thinking about this for nearly two hours and I cannot think of one thing that I consider the best.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I've been thinking about this for nearly two hours and I cannot think of one thing that I consider the best.
You're not alone, SandandfoamyOne. I'm leaning towards taking my first breath.... it's all been gravy since then.

The best thing I have ever done in my life is turn my life around and started studying the Word of God.I am much happier now knowing I am doing the right thing, for not only myself, but for my family as well.:yes:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm afraid I don't understand the question. I don't see a way to assess what the "best" thing would be, especially when drawing from such an insanely heterogenous sample pool.

:p

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
So far, finding my Thelemic true will as a musician and composer. Going to school for 7 years to learn music/melodic theory and piano technique. Also becoming Setian.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As a side, in the Middle East and some other areas of southern Asia, you never touch anyone with your left hand because that's one's "potty hand". Hey, not too many leaves to use in these areas.

Could you please spare us any further details about the potty habits of middle easterners. Thanks. :sarcastic

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
If we start the clock when we become "adults", I'd say: "shrooms"

That helped set the course of my life which led to similar answers like "my wife and kids" and my books. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've given this a lot of thought, & I think it was my decision to pour a concrete floor in my 12,000 sq ft pole barn.
It has really paid dividends over the years. (6" thick, 6 bag mix, figerglass patch reinforced)