• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is there to do in heaven?

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
that i will not despair in being parted from my family, if something is done that i no longer miss them or want to be with them then thats not heaven is it? think about it !

That is one of the reasons why I like the LDS church so much. They believe in eternal families. From what I was told, according to the church, normally when you "pass through the veil," a lot of your emotional attatchments are lost between freinds and families. You still recognize each other and can find each other, but if in life you are husband & wife, or Father & Daughter, after death, you will seem more like fond freinds. The LDS have "sealing" rituals in their temples that are meant to hold the bonds even after passing through the veil. What is the absolute coolest is the ritual with the husband and wife. .:hearts:OH I just think it's so romantic!:bounce

I would rather be in hell with my loved ones than be in heaven alone. All the shiny gooey fluffy stuff is no fun if you have no one to share it with.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Ummmm.....does God not count??:confused:

At this point that would depend. That would be a decision i would have to make after I'm dead. :D I figure he'll get over it and let me visit where I want. Fathers will be fathers and daughters will be daughters.

I am an "inactive" member of the LDS church who just happens to still really like it( and have Katzpur watchin' my back.) ~*~Don't associate my random retarded thoughts with them.~*~ Notice how I seperated it from the rest of the post;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Ummmm.....does God not count??:confused:
Of course God counts. But I can't help but wonder why most Christians seem to think that our relationships with our family members will suddenly cease to matter to us once we're with God. Maybe all Christians don't feel that way, but I've had a great many Christians tell me that once they're in God's presence, nothing else will matter. If they have their loved ones with them, that'll be nice, but if not, it won't bother them in the slightest. I can't imagine feeling that way.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I am an "inactive" member of the LDS church who just happens to still really like it( and have Katzpur watchin' my back.) ~*~Don't associate my random retarded thoughts with them.~*~ Notice how I seperated it from the rest of the post;)
Knock it off! Just say, "temporarily less active than I plan to be in the near future." :yes:

rojse

RF Addict
To serve God forever, and if ya don't want to serve him here, heaven will not be anything you want to expereince.

Considering that most of us will work from about twenty to about seventy under the direction of different levels of management and different employers, why would you want to go to heaven, to work for a dictator, no matter how benevolent?

crystalonyx

The only heavenly activities depicted by the bible are:

1. Praising God.
2. Drinking water of life.
3. Eating from the tree of life.
4. Entering gates.
5. Walking by the light of the Lamb.
6. Wearing robes.
7. Complaining about how long its going to take for God to avenge our deaths.

Can anyone think of more?

Is this limited to the Xian heaven, many religions have more of a unifying with god or consciousness aspect to them.

Scott C.

Just one guy
The only heavenly activities depicted by the bible are:

1. Praising God.
2. Drinking water of life.
3. Eating from the tree of life.
4. Entering gates.
5. Walking by the light of the Lamb.
6. Wearing robes.
7. Complaining about how long its going to take for God to avenge our deaths.

Can anyone think of more?

Learn from God forever.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Considering that most of us will work from about twenty to about seventy under the direction of different levels of management and different employers, why would you want to go to heaven, to work for a dictator, no matter how benevolent?

Obviously, you do not have in mind the Acme Latex Corporate Heaven -- the one with the model #5590 inflatable deity. Tickets to "Acme Latex Heaven" are only $20. Cheaper than Disneyland. Be sure to try the giant "Water Slide of the Gods".