• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Worth Fighting For?

tomspug

Absorbant
Is there anything you can think of that you would risk your own health, even your life for? Is there anything you would hurt someone else for?

I would definitely fight to protect my wife. She has been harmed before, and I want to do everything I can to defend her.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I know some people I would fight for.

Strangly enough for some of you, but I would fight for my computer as well.. That is, depending on my opponent. Not because of the money I put into, but because of the time I put into as it is heavilly modified. (on the inside, but also on the outside.)

tomspug

Absorbant
I know some people I would fight for.

Strangly enough for some of you, but I would fight for my computer as well.. That is, depending on my opponent. Not because of the money I put into, but because of the time I put into as it is heavilly modified. (on the inside, but also on the outside.)
Do you have a picture of it we can see? :)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB

It's not my first computer anymore as I bought a new one a few months ago. But I still use it as my second computer.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is there anything you can think of that you would risk your own health, even your life for? Is there anything you would hurt someone else for?

There's a lot I would risk my life for... probably anyone in danger of serious injury or death. Of course, I'd rather help them without risking my life if at all possible. ;)

And I do things that could be considered risky on a regular basis to support abstract concepts, effectively: I volunteer as a race marshal, and I've had to run out of the way of an errant car or drop behind a barrier more than once (still, there is a VERY strong emphasis on safety in our training and how we do things). I do that because I love racing, because I see it as an almost-pure form of all sorts of worthy human endeavours: competition, personal achievment, struggle in the face of adversity, engineering*, and probably many more that aren't popping immediately into my head.

As for hurting or killing, if push came to shove, I probably would do it in defense of something I felt strongly enough about: definitely my family and loved ones, and probably any innocent person. I do believe, though, that both should be only resorted to when there are no other options, and that the harm of my action would have to be more than compensated for in the harmful action prevented.

*it might seem odd for me to include engineering in this list, but I do think it belongs: in the broadest sense of the word, engineering is the process by which the theoretical becomes applied; it's the way that scientific knowledge is translated into real benefit; it's saying "we can do this" and then actually making it happen. I think it's pretty neat, myself.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I would fight for my family, friends and pets, and my own freedom (assuming it was being wrongly taken away). Probably some other things, but that's all I can think of for now.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am a parent, my instincts are to protect my children. My oldest child is autistic, so I would have to fight double for him. I may even fight for other people's children and pets, since children and animals (pet types) usually can't fight for themselves (there are some dogs that can protect themselves, however).
I hate to see any person suffer, even if the person is not a kind person- I am just funny that way.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

I would definitely fight to protect my wife. She has been harmed before, and I want to do everything I can to defend her.
Above all else, my son. I would gladly die for him.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I would fight for my family and friends and especially my dog. My favorite thing besides NASCAR is guns and shooting. I wouldn't think twice if it come to having to defend anything I love. I think it is called survival....

A

angellous_evangellous

Quit using euphemisms for "Willie Nelson".

Ha! No one needs to fight for Willie because everyone loves him.:yes:

My god who would hate on a little old pot smokin' man and his old guitar.

my continued survival
my principals
and knowlege that that the other person is a pedofile/rapist/1st degree mass murderer

Nessa Nenharma

Goddess of my Domain

Above everything else, my sons. Then of course my family. Then I would fight for anyone that couldn't fight for themselves (elderly, children, etc.). I would also fight for animals and nature. :)

:bb:

Nessa