• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is your favorite band?

Unedited

Go Mozart!

Bright Eyes, Blink 182, and Asian Kung-Fu Generation (my avatar). I could probably fill entire pages of bands I love, but these are my top three at the moment.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I don't really have one, but what caught my eye is Mozart. Are classical composers allowed? If so, I can name a few there :D.

Master Vigil

Lets see. My favorite would have to be Dream Theater - Mike Portnoy ROCKS!!!!
Next would be green day, system of a down, flogging molly, liquid tension experiment, rancid, queensryche, and people like that.

I also LOVE symphonic and orchestral music. Especially movie scores. My favorite composers are...
John Williams, James Horner, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, and Michale Kamen.

Scorn

Currently my player rotation is Arcade Fire, Rilo Kiley, Green Day, Chet and Verve Remix 2 (cd 1 or 2 depending on the day).

And MV have you ever heard Danny Elfman's band from the early 80's "Oingo Boingo"? Ahh University days......That with Talking Heads and Kraftwerk, Lena Lovich...but I digress.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ooo, interesting! I didn't know Danny Elfman had a band.

I imagine that the classics are allowed, if we're also listing Mozart under 'band,' hehee!

Favorite band hands-down would have to be Bare Naked Ladies. They're also the only group so far that I have seen in person.

meogi

I love music too much... it's too hard to nail down a 'select' few. But if I had to... Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Gigi D'Agostino, The Offspring would be up there. And if at all possible, lets count all 80's one hit wonder songs as a band, and include them.

Prima

Oh man...I love EVERYTHING. Not kidding. I listen to every genre of music. I particularly like Neighborhood Friendly, John Tesh, Styx, KISS, Martina McBride...way, way too many.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Way too many to list, but I agree with all that Retrorich listed... I mostly listen to Classical and Jazz these days anyway.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Who am I kidding... my favorite band is the Bee Gees... there I said it, now you all can make fun of me. :p

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I've been a Metallica fan since i was 11...when i first saw the video for "One"
I was like...That...Is...The...Coolest...Video...Ever!

But their last album, St. Anger...yeah it pretty much sucked!
So, please, Lars, James, Kirk, and new guy....stop!!! Don't be one of these bands that don't bow when they should...don't stretch your career out any further than it should be...pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!

Aside from Metallica i like...Megadeth, Audioslave, Shuvel, KMFDM, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors...the list goes on and on...i have the most random taste in music...

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
retrorich said:
Credence Clearwater Revival (no longer together)
Eagles
Rolling Stones
Rich, you come round one evening, with some beer......

To your list I'll add Celine Dion, Elton John, Joan Baez, KikiDee, Cher, oh, I could go on all day; add country & western, choral, folk, classical and you've got some Idea!:jiggy:

Scorn

There you go MV and Feathers
This was one of my favorites from Mr. Elfman.
nothing_to_fear.jpg

earlygroup.jpg

Danny front and centre
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post pics here. If not a Mod can either delete them or let me know