• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is your favorite band?

Fluffy

A fool
Opeth are now back at the top of my list. I strongly encourage everyone who has even a passing interest in progressive music and doesn't mind/is really into heavy stuff to go out and get their new album "Ghost Reveries". 8 long (about 8 min average) tracks which incorporate some of the most moving violin and piano playing I have ever heard seamlessly alongside incredibly weird rhythmed guitars that make headbanging a bit of an intellectual exercise :).

Flappycat

Dragonforce, Blind Guardian, Arcturus, Voivod, Rhapsody, Bathory, Iron Maiden, Bad Religion, and other things along those lines. My main reason for liking Iron Maiden, though, is that they wrote the song that I want played at my funeral, "Number of the Beast."

I'm coming back. I will return!
I'll possess your body, and I'll make it burn.
I have the fire. I have the force!
I have the power to make my evil take its course.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I forgot to mention Slipknot. I got a twisted pleasure out of playing thier songs "People = S**t" and "The Heretic Anthem" (For those who don't know, the chorus goes "If your 555, then I'm 666! Whats it like to be a heretic!?") for this Christian girl at Arbys whenever we would be closing together.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I have a ton of favorites, here's my list:
Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Mamas and the Papas, Dido, Madonna, The Opera Babes, InsideOut, Alanis Morisette, Def Leppard, Radiohead.

That's all off the top of my head right now. :)

Solon

I don't think anybody has mentioned Morrisey and The Smiths; who could forget scuh classics as ' What time is now' ? and Everyday is just like Sunday'. The Smiths saw life as it is for the downtrodden ,and society's rejects.

Aqualung

Tasty
Solon said:
I don't think anybody has mentioned Morrisey and The Smiths; who could forget scuh classics as ' What time is now' ? and Everyday is just like Sunday'. The Smiths saw life as it is for the downtrodden ,and society's rejects.
I was about to say I mentioned the Smiths, but they must have slipped my mind. I love them! :jam:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Arlo Guthrie,Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Gypsy Kings,Lionel Richie, Long John Baldry, Louis Armstrong, Las Ketchup, Kate Bush, Julian Bream, John Denver, Joe Cocker, Jim Reeves, Jim Ed Brown, James Taylor, Il Divo, Hot Chocolate, Hank Snow, Gustav Holst, Guns & Roses, Glen Campbell, Gerry Raferty, George Michael, Garth Brooks, Freddy Fender, Julio Iglesias, and his son, Enrique, Elto john, Edith Piaf, Duran Duran, Donovan, Don Mclean, Dolly Parton, Del Amitri, De Falla, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mitch and Tich, David Bowie, Daniel O'Donnel, Darius Danesh, The Byrds, Cliff Richard, Clannad, Chritina Aguilera, Cher, Charlie Rich, Charlie Pride, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Britney Spears, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Bonney Tyler, Blur, Blue, Black Sabbath, Billy Joel, Beethoven, Aventura, Kris Kristofferson, Joan Baez, Joan Baez, Joan Baez,(207 Tracks)..........+ a whole lot more...........:biglaugh:

Bishka

Veteran Member
I'm also a fan of classical music. :) Two types of music I can't stand are country and rap! Oh yes, I'm also a big fan of Bjork.

mr.guy

crapsack
Michel, how on earth did you forget "The Band"? Go stand in the corner 'till you've learned your lesson!

Crystallas

Depeche Mode anyone? or how about Erasure?
There is not a Depeche mode or Erasure CD that I dont own, including singles. I guess that puts them on my list! :)
prash4 said:
Pet Shop Boys, and pretty much most of 80s british bands
PSB is up there for me. If you like them, I love Red Flag, and absolute fav synthpop is Anything Box. All Similar kinda stuff.

My #1 Fav is some independant Track junkie from Norway. Went by pOW. No official releases, all stuff that was played at giant lan parties in north europe. I doubt anyone knows what Im talking about, I cant even find any info on this guy anymore. I tried for the life of me too!

This is a crazy question. You could ask me what my favorite is 3 times a day, and I can give you 3 diffrent answers. I guess that makes me moody? LOL, and I primarily listen to late 80s, early 90s rock/alternative, and a lot of early 60/70s hard rock/into to metal. But nothing can get me to feel at peace with the world more than others who perform music as if they are at peace with the world.