• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your interpretation?

Mikewallace3601

So I have had a few odd experiences in my life. And just bc I have never really found ppl who can relate to this I decided to make this thread. I guess the first experience was when I was in 5th grade I was sleeping on the pull out sofa in my grandparents living room. I see this white outline little short lines perfectly symmetrical that are in the shape of a child. It came from the hallway and walked into the bathroom. I went in and didn't see it in the bathroom. I didn't scare me oddly enough.
Then as I got a little older I slept in the basement. There are only two doors in the basement. The storage room door was open and since I wasn't allowed in there I tried to go in every chance I get. I see my grandfather standing there and I get closer. He moves toward me very almost like he was weak then I notice he looks strange. I feel this sucking negativity like it was just a black hole standing in front of me. It doesn't speak just stood there making some kind of noise. I was frozen with fear. I ran up the steps and coming down the hallway was my grandfather. I'm crying terrified and he takes me in both of his arms and held me in the kitchen until I calmed down.
Sometimes I've gotten the feeling where I was so scared I couldn't speak in that basement. A few times it felt like somebody was sitting at the foot of the bed.I have never been able to make much sense of these things. I'm wondering what kind of input others might have.

Brian2

Veteran Member
So I have had a few odd experiences in my life. And just bc I have never really found ppl who can relate to this I decided to make this thread. I guess the first experience was when I was in 5th grade I was sleeping on the pull out sofa in my grandparents living room. I see this white outline little short lines perfectly symmetrical that are in the shape of a child. It came from the hallway and walked into the bathroom. I went in and didn't see it in the bathroom. I didn't scare me oddly enough.
Then as I got a little older I slept in the basement. There are only two doors in the basement. The storage room door was open and since I wasn't allowed in there I tried to go in every chance I get. I see my grandfather standing there and I get closer. He moves toward me very almost like he was weak then I notice he looks strange. I feel this sucking negativity like it was just a black hole standing in front of me. It doesn't speak just stood there making some kind of noise. I was frozen with fear. I ran up the steps and coming down the hallway was my grandfather. I'm crying terrified and he takes me in both of his arms and held me in the kitchen until I calmed down.
Sometimes I've gotten the feeling where I was so scared I couldn't speak in that basement. A few times it felt like somebody was sitting at the foot of the bed.I have never been able to make much sense of these things. I'm wondering what kind of input others might have.

Find a minister at a local church who has experienced and/or dealt with such things in the past, both for advice and prayer.

Pawpatrol

Everyone "see things" if they sleep in the basement. When we spiral ourselves into panic we see, hear and feel all kinds of things that feel very real.

I do believe in the jinn ("spirits"), but that doesn't sound like it. Besides, there is nothing to fear of them.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Listen/read 'Hanuman Chalisa'. Removes all fears.

Bhoot Pishacha nikat nahi ave, Mahavira jab nam sunave
Nase rog hare sab pira, japat nirantar Hanumat Vira.

Ghosts and jinns do not come near, when the name of the Great Warrior is heard,
All diseases and pains run away, constantly chant the name of Lord Hanuman.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
It seems like most people have a story or two to tell from their lifetime and the paranormal may be rare but not all that rare also.

The second grandfather story struck me as a possible case of a doppelganger where a psychic double of a living person is seen. Now, thanks to the internet sharing and reading multiple forums I have heard plenty of cases such as yours.

wellwisher

I can explain this with the second law of thermodynamics, which states that entropy of the universe has to increase. While an increase in entropy absorbs energy. Entropy increase could explain the sucking negativity like a black hole. Many people who say they encounter ghosts, feel a chill in the air like there is an endothermic or enemy absorbing reaction, which is how an increase in entropy impacts things, An increase in entropy decreases the local free energy.

This is expressed with a math equation; G=H-TS, where G is the Gibbs free energy, H is enthalpy, T is temperature in degrees Kelvin and S is entropy. The minus sign before TS show an increase in entropy, cause free energy to lower; cools or vacuums, as entropy rises.

Entropy was first discovered during the development of steam engines. When they did tests energy was always lost, even after they did a careful energy balance. This lost energy, which is still part of engineering calculations was coin by the term entropy, with this being a natural drive that vacuums energy, while adding complexity.

The implication of the second law, and entropy having to increase, means our universe is bleeding energy into the ever increasing entropy. For entropy to always net increase, this energy that is bleeding out, is no longer a net part of the available universal energy budget. Being energy it is conserved but not easily useable. We can get this lost energy back, but that takes more energy than you get out, due to adding more entropy trying to get it back. This net loss or bleed is why there is no perpetual motion.

The question where is this lost energy going since, since it is energy, and energy has to be conserved in some form. There may be pools and portals. Life and Consciousness; brain, both generate a lot of entropy. We as humans each contribute to the pool as did our departed loved ones.

One way to get all the math to add up in terms of your vision and the sucking/coolness would be an effect similar to trying to build a perpetual motion machine. Energy is retrieved from the lost pool for an exothermic effect; apparition. If we reverse entropy and get entropic energy back and energy effect can occur. However, since the entropy has to still net increase, there is also a feeling of cold. If there was perpetual motion we would not feel the cold.

Since the entropy of the universe is increasing, to reverse entropy we go back into time to an earlier entropic state. If we were to see a ghost, this is more like an entropic state from the past, instead of the present. In the present, it has already advanced to higher complexity. The reverse of entropy brought it back to where had already been.

It would be like running a steam engine experiment and losing energy due to increasing entropy. To get that entropy back and add it to the steam engine, we end up in a state where the experiment started. This why people who see loved ones see them as they remember them and wish to remember them; information time warp via the entropy loss and energy output.

HonestJoe

I have never been able to make much sense of these things. I'm wondering what kind of input others might have.
I don't see a reason to dismiss the likelihood of intense dreams/nightmares, further confused by your inevitably imperfect memories of them over the years. Unless you have some detailed records of your experiences from very close to the time, I wouldn't have any faith in the details you now recall from them.

The human mind (especially the childhood mind) is weird enough on it's own, even without any of the external influences that mind is capable of imagining. It makes for some great works of fiction but also some unpleasant nights in unfamiliar environments. :cool: