• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Your Religion or Worldview?

What is your religion or worldview?

• Total voters

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I am an expression/creation of God/Existence, so is everything in the universe, but not all expressions are aware of what and who they really are in the context of existence. Religion is meant to be a practice to realize the connection between Creator and the created.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
That Nonreligious and Other would make up 49.4% of the people here is about what I find here. Nonreligious especially is out of proportion to the percentage of this group of people in the world. The way nonreligious is expressed in the poll should include spiritual but not religious, though.

Can't please everybody though.

stvdv

Veteran Member
I apologize in advance if your religion isn't listed, as the software limits polls to ten choices
With 10 choices, and being able to select multiple choices upto 10, in theory you could relatively easily create a poll with a List of 1024 Religions to choose from

A challenge is for the people to enter their binary choice correctly, but that's very well do-able, as the binary nr. will be shown in the list next to the Religion

The real challenge is to read the poll well and to make sense out of it (you need to enter the poll in a spreadsheet (excel), which converts their binary choice into the single religion again)

Once, I thought about creating such a poll, but I didn't go through with it, as the importance of the poll was not worth the effort

BUT IF the poll is a must have, so very urgent and needed, it's very well do-able.

The good part about such a poll would be, that although the poll is public, it would, in practice, almost be anonymous, as very few would care to read and convert 10 binary digits

stvdv

Veteran Member
I apologize in advance if your religion isn't listed, as the software limits polls to ten choices. I did my best to name the most widely practiced.

If your religion, belief system, or worldview is not listed, feel free to select 'other' and post below. Also, there are many religions or traditions that fall under the the umbrella term in the poll, so feel free to be as specific as you like.

Also, this poll will not close, so if your beliefs evolve and you wish to change your affiliation, you are free to do so.
My view on Religion, belief, worldview:
I see all these as different equally valuable Paths, leading to the Goal. The Goal is not easy to define. But it has to do with "discover this so called mystery in us and around us ... To Be or Not to Be".

I selected other, as I don't believe there is 1 true Religion under all Religions listed (available).

IF I must choose 1 Religion to be true, it would be "The Religion of (divine) Love", which is accessible to all, though obviously not easy

IF @SalixIncendium had given us the option to select "all 10, as many as I want", not just 1, then I would have chosen that, as it shows the most important lesson I've learned to truly value and respect other Religions, meaning "seeing those as equally valuable", which is easy, as I see them as a path to a goal, not as the Goal itself

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
With 10 choices, and being able to select multiple choices upto 10, in theory you could relatively easily create a poll with a List of 1024 Religions to choose from

A challenge is for the people to enter their binary choice correctly, but that's very well do-able, as the binary nr. will be shown in the list next to the Religion

The real challenge is to read the poll well and to make sense out of it (you need to enter the poll in a spreadsheet (excel), which converts their binary choice into the single religion again)

Once, I thought about creating such a poll, but I didn't go through with it, as the importance of the poll was not worth the effort

BUT IF the poll is a must have, so very urgent and needed, it's very well do-able.

The good part about such a poll would be, that although the poll is public, it would, in practice, almost be anonymous, as very few would care to read and convert 10 binary digits
I have no idea what you mean by "binary choice."

The poll does not have the option to select multiple religions. And I find votes being publicly visible useful given the religion field is no longer displayed under the username.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
IF @SalixIncendium had given us the option to select "all 10, as many as I want", not just 1, then I would have chosen that, as it shows the most important lesson I've learned to truly value and respect other Religions, meaning "seeing those as equally valuable", which is easy, as I see them as a path to a goal, not as the Goal itself
Just because one doesn't identify with a religion does not mean one finds no value in it.

That said, given the contradictory teachings/practices among religions, it's impossible to identify as all of them, hence the limit to one vote per member. A syncretic can simply select "other" and explain their belief.

stvdv

Veteran Member
I have no idea what you mean by "binary choice."
Binary is the number system used in computers, we use decimal numbers but computers use binary numbers. And they are all about choices and selections, hence my idea to solve it this way

e.g.: just 4 bits/choices (15 religions max)
(so, 10 choices/bits grants 1024 choices)
0000 = Aristotle
0001 = Bahai
0010 = Christianity
0011 = Druze faith
0100 = Evangelical
0101 = Franciscans
0111 = Gnostics
1000 = Hinduism

Poll: e.g. IF Gnostic select "2+3+4" (0111 in list)
2 yes
3 yes
4 yes

If I am Druze I select in the poll:
3 yes
4 yes
The poll does not have the option to select multiple religions
I know, your poll doesn't, but if you would then my above example does works
And I find votes being publicly visible useful given the religion field is no longer displayed under the username.
I agree, hence I tried to solve (2 years ago) how to get this done on an RF poll

My solution can works, but I guessed, this might be a bit too much for RF'ers, hence I gave up on the idea to get a list of everyone with 1000 religions to choose from

stvdv

Veteran Member
Just because one doesn't identify with a religion does not mean one finds no value in it.
Very true, all Religions teach me valuable lessons
That said, given the contradictory teachings/practices among religions, it's impossible to identify as all of them, hence the limit to one vote per member.
True, and makes the poll more useful/readable
A syncretic can simply select "other" and explain their belief.
Aha, thanks!
I didn't know the meaning of syncretic, but you gave me the right group that I seem to fall in

Note: To be clear, by no means were my replies before to criticize your poll, on the contrary, I like it, it reminded me of 2 years back when I tried to make a poll asking "which Religion" and had the same hurdle "which 10 to choose from". I like to know which worldview people have (I even sometimes check before replying)

And I just shared my 1024 solution as a thought, forgetting that binary is not known to all

sew.excited73

Wendy-Anne - I am Dutch/British
I apologize in advance if your religion isn't listed, as the software limits polls to ten choices. I did my best to name the most widely practiced.

If your religion, belief system, or worldview is not listed, feel free to select 'other' and post below. Also, there are many religions or traditions that fall under the the umbrella term in the poll, so feel free to be as specific as you like.

Also, this poll will not close, so if your beliefs evolve and you wish to change your affiliation, you are free to do so.
:handpointdown: