• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your stance on the war in Iraq?

Aquitaine

I actually remember watching an episode of Maury, an American Talk Show - that was dated just before we went to Iraq.

There were two Asian men who made a very good point of how dropping bombs on Iraqi civilians is not bringing justice for 9/11, nor helping to chase down the one's responsible or preventing further terrorrist attacks.

And boy, did they get shot down.

I remember after they said that, Maury had a little b**ch-fit and went on to say how we need to fight this war so that "we can earn the freedom to buy designer clothes and ipods".

Crazy, but hey that's the kind of stuff what American's were subjected to at that time, so no wonder they all supported the war at first.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now that you mention it, yeah I do - wasn't it a bomb threat in one of the WTC's car parks?[/quote

Yeah. More than a threat, though. The bomb was actually detonated in a basement car park, in an effort to bring down the building, but the bombers underestimated the architectural strength of the building.

Aquitaine

I see.

But anyways, about the war in Iraq, if you had control, would you pull out or stay in?

It's a real difficult question though, since it was unjust to go there in the first place, and it wasn't exactly our idea to go in there anyways.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd pull out.
I understand that there is a liklihood of violence and political chaos on our leaving, but this would be the case weather we left tomorrow or 200 years from now.

The history of colonialism in Africa, India, S America, &c makes this clear. No matter the length of occupation, or weather it be a benign administration or tyranny, when the occupying power pulls out there is social reorganization, a scramble for power, and general unrest (at best).

kai

ragamuffin
no one is staying in. we are there at the request of the democratically elected government , helping to train Iraqi's to handle their own security. the war against Saddam was over years ago. and the History of Colonialism has nothing to do with Iraq as no one has colonised it since the Arabs did in the 7th century.

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
I too was guilty of believeing the "Intel" about Saddam's WMD's in the begining.
I asked myself how I would feel if it were one of my family members in Saddam's
prisions being brutalized, tortured, raped or murdered....so I supported it.

I was taught by my Father that sometimes you will have to fight. No matter how
bad you wish not to, some people will not let you walk away. They don't need an
excuse, they are just plain mean. Saddam was one of this type. It does no good
to point to other bad behavior in the World, Saddam needed to go.

Now that he is gone, it's time to clean up our mess so we can "go" ASAP.

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
To be honest, I am almost completely ignorant on this subject. I don't know exactly why it started, or anything. I do think however, that it is too late to just pull out, because once we do, I think there is a high chance of us getting attacked again.