• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What I've learned about Judaism so far

Jedster

Isn't Moses the founder of religion, later named as Judaism? Moses did not name it. Did he? Please
It is its central point. Right? Please
Regards

You do yourself and your religion no favours by butting into so many threads.
This thread is about a person's enquiry into Judaism; let it be just that.

On the positive side , all religions are born from an enquiry into 'Truth'.
So enjoy your own journey and allow others' the same.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Isn't the points mentioned by me valid ones that an enquirer into Judaism should know ?
Regards

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
***Staff Post***

This is the Journals forum, and by definition, threads are property of the Original Posters.

Those who intend to debate the contents of the thread should start their own threads in the appropriate forum.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
In my study of religion, the first belief system I'm looking into is Judaism. Here's the important things I've learned so far from books, wikipedia, youtube, and Jews on this site.
  • God is one, and God is light.
  • God revealed himself to the people of Israel at Mount Sinai.
  • God gave Moses (Moshe) the written Torah and the oral (spoken) Torah (also called the Talmud), from which all rabbinical literature comes from.
  • Because all rabbinical literature comes from these two parts of the Torah, all rabbinical literature can be included in the Torah, although not every Jewish denomination does.
  • When one chooses to convert to Judaism it is as if they were there at Sinai with the Jewish people.
  • Conversion to Judaism is one of the most intense things a person can undergo.
Hope this has been informative and all my information is right. I hope someone tells me if it isn't. :) Judaism and it's beliefs and lifestyles are fascinating to me so this is why I posted this.

Good luck in your research...
Wish to see your study results about Shia Islam sometime..