• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Makes Capital Punishment Compatible With Christianity?

4ton Mantis

I wonder why people who support the right to choose, have such a problem with capital punishment?

i assume you're talking about abortion, if so that's because there are many people that dont' consider fertilization of an egg to be a human life until it's biological systems develop the complexities that allow for conscious self-awareness, thought, etc.

kai

ragamuffin
doppelgänger;1080855 said:
If "God" sends saviors we are supposed to kill, how is "God's plan" going to be realized if we outlaw the death penalty?
thats true the human sacrifice must go on?

Popeyesays

It costs more money to warehouse a person than it does to educate someone in college each year. People on death row are parasites to the economy.

I say put in an express lane and get er done.

Even if modern technology frees tens of death row convicts every year?My religion accepts capital punishment, but in each and every case allows the court to choose life imprisonment for the same crime.

When the standards of justice are perfect enough to justify that no innocents will pay up their lives for a mistake, I am loathe to take a "get'er done" attitude.

Regards,
Scott