• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes Putin tick:

stvdv

Veteran Member
Proof given that NATO betrayed "Putin"
Putin can forgive...except betrayal
(According the video in OP)

stvdv

Veteran Member
The reply of the White House is too absurd for words
Still American politicians are too much blinded by arrogance
Those exhibiting such blindness are the real danger in the world

Russia sanctions 313 Canadians as well as some Americans

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
White House mocks Russia for sanctioning the wrong Joe Biden

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton, a long-time foe of Vladimir Putin, reacted to being sanctioned by issuing a short Oscar-style acceptance speech on Twitter. She wrote: "I want to thank the Russian Academy for this Lifetime Achievement Award."

Spartacus style - NO!, I want to be sanctioned. :D

Get lost, Putin, you creep. :oops:

Also mine.
You can't even imagine how much Hillary is despised here for her peaceful, pacifist approach to world politics.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It explains why Putin is pissed - it doesn't explain why he answered with the invasion of Ukraine - and even botched that.
It was not a smart move and Putin used to be smart. He is becoming senile and/or suffers from dictator misinformation syndrome.

I am very disappointed in the EU's approach.
They are showing they are not sensible.
Instead of doing anything to reach a compromise, they are speaking of arming Ukraine.
So more weapons, more deaths.

It is uncostitutional. Because art. 26 of the German Constitution (and art. 11 of Italian Constitution) clearly state that any act of war (including providing another country with weapons) is uncostitutional, unless the German territory is under attack and needs to be defended.

But we know that the EU elites outrage the sovereign nations' constitutions every day.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I am very disappointed in the EU's approach.
They are showing they are not sensible.
Instead of doing anything to reach a compromise, they are speaking of arming Ukraine.
So more weapons, more deaths.

It is uncostitutional. Because art. 26 of the German Constitution (and art. 11 of Italian Constitution) clearly state that any act of war (including providing another country with weapons) is uncostitutional, unless the German territory is under attack and needs to be defended.

But we know that the EU elites outrage the sovereign nations' constitutions every day.
You should have another look at our (and maybe your) constitution.
Art. 26 prohibits the preparation and execution of an attack war. And, as our supreme court clarified, participation in such. The German government was chastised for letting US planes use US facilities in Germany in preparation of the Afghanistan attack.
And even if it goes against decade long policy, I don't think sending weapons to a nation defending against an attack war will be found unconstitutional.
That doesn't mean that I applaud this change in policy. Politicians who can dump principles that easy don't really have any.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You should have another look at our (and maybe your) constitution.
Art. 26 prohibits the preparation and execution of an attack war. And, as our supreme court clarified, participation in such. The German government was chastised for letting US planes use US facilities in Germany in preparation of the Afghanistan attack.
And even if it goes against decade long policy, I don't think sending weapons to a nation defending against an attack war will be found unconstitutional.
That doesn't mean that I applaud this change in policy. Politicians who can dump principles that easy don't really have any.

Italy did too.
And it was uncostitutional, in fact.
We are speaking of constitutions which came into force in 1948/1949. Before all that.

To me it is outrageous that the constitution of my country is outraged every day.
Outraged by foreign elites.
I am proud of my own constitution, of the jurisprudence that has clarified that war is a notion which has become absolutely anachronistic and incompatible with the modern apparatuses of diplomacy and peacekeeping organizations. Peace can be achieved only with peace.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What a lovely video.... not even mentioning Crimea. :rolleyes:
Yes, Crimea was a sign Putin isn't putin' up with NATO aggression any more. But Crimea was a smart move. No violence or force necessary. He knew that the Crimeans were mostly Russian anyway and how the referendum would turn out. Didn't even have to nudge the results.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, Crimea was a sign Putin isn't putin' up with NATO aggression any more. But Crimea was a smart move. No violence or force necessary. He knew that the Crimeans were mostly Russian anyway and how the referendum would turn out. Didn't even have to nudge the results.

Exactly. Also in Western Europe, if referendums reflect people's will, they have to be respected.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Exactly. Also in Western Europe, if referendums reflect people's will, they have to be respected.
It was widely respected, or better, widely forgotten because Putin kept the Donbas conflict cooking on a small flame, making Crimea less of a concern. A smart move.
And then he blew it with the invasion. That was dumb, really dumb.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It was widely respected, or better, widely forgotten because Putin kept the Donbas conflict cooking on a small flame, making Crimea less of a concern. A smart move.
And then he blew it with the invasion. That was dumb, really dumb.

Surely.
I am trying to find a sense in all this.
He perfectly knew that they were provoking him, by harassing Donbas Russian speaking citizens.
Time will tell.

But my solely concern is all about Europe. I will not let my country be dragged into a conflict that has nothing to do with us. Be dragged by warmongers who live across the ocean...and who stay safe and warm. And that can be solved with diplomacy.
And if certain Prime Ministers violated the Constitution, they will have to respond.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member

They are also members of NATO..

Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances prohibited the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States from threatening or using military force or economic coercion against Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan.

Russia has violated it
, and the EU is aware of their duty towards other NATO members.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Russia has violated it, and the EU is aware of their duty towards other NATO members.

The NATO has to understand that Europe is our home, not theirs. And in my house, it is me who decides.
And the constitution of my country prevails over the will of a military organization.