• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you LHP

Kori Houghton

Restricted
That's funny, Adramelek :D I've read Lords of the Left Hand Path, and it appears that some affiliated with TOS view anybody and everybody who cobbles together their own spiritual system as LHP...so long as certain elements (cough cough) are present.

To paraphrase Jimmy Page: the secret is knowing who to copy.
To quote Todd Rundgren: I was born to synthesize.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Kori, I'm sure you know that all I meant was that some of your ideas (of which I pointed out) seem to me to be LHP and Black Magical in nature. I hope you know that I'm not trying to label you as anything other than you are your own person, and I admire that. I know that we will probably never agree on a great many things. Hell, my closest friends, and even my girl friend and I don't agree on some things concerning metaphysical philosophy or religion. However, those kinds of things honestly do not define the nature of my friendships or the deep Love my girlfriend and I share for one another - she and I are actually best friends as we have many, many other things in common.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Kori Houghton

Restricted
Adramelek, I understood what you were sayin'.

Just kidding around with you, that's all.

You Setian types need to relax a little, and remember that Set supposedly digs irony.

I was taken by surprise when we moved to this area that many of the locals, whose ancestors spoke English and lived in America for more than 2 centuries, have no concept of irony as humor. Even face-to-face when you can see facial expressions and body language, unlike a chat board like this one.

So that bit in the BOCFBN about irony rang true for me when I discovered that appreciation of irony isn't a universal human characteristic.

The rest of the BOCFBN is another story :shrug:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Adramelek, I understood what you were sayin'.

Just kidding around with you, that's all.

You Setian types need to relax a little, and remember that Set supposedly digs irony.

I did get the feeling you were just jerking my chain, so to speak. However, some Setians, though few and far between, in my experience do tend to take some things a bit too seriously, even if one is just kidding. I always found it to be quite humurous myself..:D

Orias

Left Hand Path
Its the internet block, stops all people from detecting sarcasim and other folly emotions.

Or does it :areyoucra

Hagbard

I know I am LHP because I sent $80 bucks to a San Francisco address and they sent me a medallion and a certificate declaring my LHP-ness. That is what makes me LHP.

Last edited: