• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What really happens to you after you die...

dfnj

I think when you die you are compelled to make a choice. First, you can decide to go into the light, look into the face of God, time stops, and you experience heavenly bliss for all eternity. And second, you decide you are not worthy, for whatever reason, and you turn away from the light. At which point, you are immediately given omnipotent powers.

Once you have omnipotent powers, everything you imagine instantly becomes reality the moment you imagine it. Then, for a few million years or so, you live out all your fantasies. You get to exercise all your desires, demons, and life regrets until they no longer have any power over you. At some point, you become bored because you can't think of anything else to experience that you haven't experienced a million times over. At that exact moment of that feeling, the light at the end of the tunnel reappears. But this time with a clean spirit you go into the light, you look into the face of God, time stops, and you experience heavenly bliss for all eternity.

So everyone will eventually make it into heaven to experience heavenly bliss for all eternity regardless of our earthly sufferings and earthly sins. What a beautiful thought. Don't you agree??? Is there anything more beautiful to hope and wish for than all our friends, family, and enemies getting to experience heavenly bliss for all eternity after they die regardless of their life history and circumstances.

My thoughts about religion are not really conventional. When I was in my 20s, I had a huge argument with a born again Christian. I said, "I can't listen to someone telling me what to think from a pulpit. I believe absolute authority comes from within." He said, "Who told you that?" This went back and forth for a while. Then, I really got the guy mad because he started talking about eternal damnation and where my soul was going to go when I died. I said, "How bad can it be? It can't be worse than living in New Jersey." He did not crack a smile.

I had to work with this guy so I tried to extend him an olive branch. I started talking about the metaphysics of Hell. I said the suffering you experience in Hell must be like an irrational number. If the suffering were a pattern that repeated eventually you would get used to it. So the suffering in Hell must be like an irrational number where it never is quite the same thing each time so as to prevent you from getting used to it. He said, "yeah, yeah, that's it." My born again friend smiled from ear to ear thinking about the prospect of my suffering in Hell. So we parted as friends. But his reaction of joy at the idea of me suffering in Hell always took me aback a bit. How good can a religion be if people who follow it take joy in other people's suffering. Evil is always where you least expect it. And what I have found, the people who are the most obsessed with morality and sin turn out to be the ones who are the most immoral.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
I think when you die you are compelled to make a choice. First, you can decide to go into the light, look into the face of God, time stops, and you experience heavenly bliss for all eternity. And second, you decide you are not worthy, for whatever reason, and you turn away from the light. At which point, you are immediately given omnipotent powers.

Once you have omnipotent powers, everything you imagine instantly becomes reality the moment you imagine it. Then, for a few million years or so, you live out all your fantasies. You get to exercise all your desires, demons, and life regrets until they no longer have any power over you. At some point, you become bored because you can't think of anything else to experience that you haven't experienced a million times over. At that exact moment of that feeling, the light at the end of the tunnel reappears. But this time with a clean spirit you go into the light, you look into the face of God, time stops, and you experience heavenly bliss for all eternity.

So everyone will eventually make it into heaven to experience heavenly bliss for all eternity regardless of our earthly sufferings and earthly sins. What a beautiful thought. Don't you agree??? Is there anything more beautiful to hope and wish for than all our friends, family, and enemies getting to experience heavenly bliss for all eternity after they die regardless of their life history and circumstances.

My thoughts about religion are not really conventional. When I was in my 20s, I had a huge argument with a born again Christian. I said, "I can't listen to someone telling me what to think from a pulpit. I believe absolute authority comes from within." He said, "Who told you that?" This went back and forth for a while. Then, I really got the guy mad because he started talking about eternal damnation and where my soul was going to go when I died. I said, "How bad can it be? It can't be worse than living in New Jersey." He did not crack a smile.

I had to work with this guy so I tried to extend him an olive branch. I started talking about the metaphysics of Hell. I said the suffering you experience in Hell must be like an irrational number. If the suffering were a pattern that repeated eventually you would get used to it. So the suffering in Hell must be like an irrational number where it never is quite the same thing each time so as to prevent you from getting used to it. He said, "yeah, yeah, that's it." My born again friend smiled from ear to ear thinking about the prospect of my suffering in Hell. So we parted as friends. But his reaction of joy at the idea of me suffering in Hell always took me aback a bit. How good can a religion be if people who follow it take joy in other people's suffering. Evil is always where you least expect it. And what I have found, the people who are the most obsessed with morality and sin turn out to be the ones who are the most immoral.
Is there something you are interested in debating or discussing or are you just sharing your own thoughts and ideas about what happens after death?
I was born again to new, eternal life in Christ more than thirty years ago. I have never felt gladness at the thought of someone suffering in eternally in their sin or being separated from the love and light God … only heartache and sadness.
I can’t understand the attitude of that past friend of yours.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Nothing happens when your dead imo. There's only one man on Earth that something happens to after he dies imo. That something is the beginning of a new Earth. The time the Earth begins is around 1980 and ends when he dies. I'm not sure when he dies. Of course everybody at this point will ultimately live again just as he does. It's a never-ending cycle.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member

By what process(es) did you arrive at this conclusion?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

When we die our brain dies, with it our mind...

Following the first law of thermodynamics...

Our physical bodies decompose to molecules and eventually, atoms. The atoms are reused (nature being the ultimate in recycling)... One use is, they are used by new life to grow and may turn up in worm food, a blade of grass, a tree, even growing humans... In this way we are all made of dead people.

Many years in the future our sun will die, taking earth with it. Our atoms will be scattered through local space. They may help to form a new sun, a new planet, even new life on that planet.

To continue until the universe eventually dies, after which our atoms will float in the _____ for eternity.

I am content with the science

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Our physical bodies decompose to molecules and eventually, atoms. The atoms are reused (nature being the ultimate in recycling)... One use is, they are used by new life to grow and may turn up in worm food, a blade of grass, a tree, even growing humans... In this way we are all made of dead people.
ZOMG!! We are all Frankenstein's monsters! :oops:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
To continue until the universe eventually dies, after which our atoms will float in the _____ for eternity.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this part is speculation. I'm not sure there is any actual science behind idea the universe dying.

If it does die, then what is the ______ mentioned above?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this part is speculation. I'm not sure there is any actual science behind idea the universe dying.

If it does die, then what is the ______ mentioned above?

Heat death is one hypothesis that seems logical if the universe continues to expand and free energy Is no longer available.

Heat death of the universe - Wikipedia

The _____. I don't have a name for any two points being so far away from each other that even light (or gravity) from one could never reach the other. Essential space-time would no longer be predictable.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Heat death is one hypothesis that seems logical if the universe continues to expand and free energy Is no longer available.

Heat death of the universe - Wikipedia

The _____. I don't have a name for any two points being so far away from each other that even light (or gravity) from one could never reach the other. Essential space-time would no longer be predictable.

Yeah, but that is not a fact. As it stands it is in effect a cogntive model and that it is it.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Interesting speculation. I suppose anything is possible, although I never could get my head around the idea of Hell. The idea of Hell implies that a teenage boy looking at a Playboy magazine deserves the exact same eternal torment as a mass murderer.

Another thing that comes to mind is that, if Hell is supposedly an eternal fire, then what is eternal light for all the "good" souls made of? Isn't that also made of fire? So, either way, one's soul goes to a place full of fire?

The idea of some kind of afterlife where one lives out one's fantasies reminds me of an episode of The Twilight Zone:

A lifelong criminal dies and ends up in a place that seems like paradise, where all his wishes are granted. But after a month or so, he's so incredibly bored that he can hardly take it anymore. At the end, he finds out that he wasn't sent to Heaven after all, but "the other place" (since they couldn't use the word "hell" in TV back in those days).

It seems that "eternal bliss" sounds kind of boring as well.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If there is anything apart from - the end - then it is a bonus, whatever such might be. But this wouldn't and didn't dictate my life as to expectations of anything. All needed to live as best I could came to me naturally enough rather than through some religious text or allied beliefs.