• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Relatively Small Things Brighten Your Day?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Crossing the road without being murdered by a car.

Why can't everyone just use public transport or walk.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Cooking, and then eating with family.

Joking and conversation with family.

Playing board games, cards, trivia, etc. with family.

Playing with my son, seeing him laugh and smile.

Listening to music while reading.

Sitting around a fire.

Listening to rain/thunder.

Cleaning/organizing around the house.
I love campfires. Been camping a few times this year during no burning season due to wildfires. Feels like someone took away my birthday cake. xD

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I woke up this morning to a text from my best friend saying, "Hey, I love you. Just wanted you to know!" That colored my entire morning with the grin I had when I read her words. I felt overwhelming gratefulness for having her in my life.

What relatively small things brighten your day?
A family of sparrows that come to our balcony every morning for a bit of breakfast on grain from a little plate we keep for them.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What did you reply?

"I love you too, let's marry" :cool:

No, our friendship is platonic, and we wouldn't have it any other way!

I replied with, "I love you too! And now just a tiny bit more after you made me grin so much with this message." :D

stvdv

Veteran Member
Since 2 weeks or so, I put my fruits skins etc outside, and wasps just love it

Many come and enjoy for hours those parts I otherwise would have thrown in the garbage bin

And they know I bring the food, because they don't bite me, nor annoy me, and they even allow me to push them aside, without getting mad at me

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I woke up this morning to a text from my best friend saying, "Hey, I love you. Just wanted you to know!" That colored my entire morning with the grin I had when I read her words. I felt overwhelming gratefulness for having her in my life.

The smell of a campfire. Cool rainy days after a lot of heat. My dogs little sighs, and snores as he sleeps. The purring of my cats when they are happy.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I often walk with a cane.

A couple of days ago, as I approached the front door of the condo, a kid who could not have been more than seven or eight ran up to hold the door open for me - task that I could have easily managed but which was a bit of a struggle for the young lad.