• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion are you?

Please read the first post before answering

• Total voters

Fluffy

A fool
It occured to me that in all my time at RF I have not once seen a poll conducted to establish the religious break down of this forum. It would be immensely interesting to see how this make up compares to that of America or other parts of the world.

Now there are some limitations with this since the maximum size of a poll is 10 so obviously I can't include a choice for every religion. Therefore I have included religions based on the number of posts in the relevant forum in order to cater for the maximum number of forum members. I apologise if this does not include you, please just tick the 10th option of "other".

Here is a guide to what goes into each category:
Christianity: This includes all the traditional forms, non-denonminational, liberal as well as Christian denominations that are debated over such as LDS. (8900 posts)

Islam (2400 posts)

Secular: Atheism, Deism, Agnosticism, Humanism etc. (2000 posts)

Neopagan: Neo to differentiate between beliefs like Hinduism etc. Any Neopagan belief other than Wicca which was just large enough to warrant its own category. (1600 posts)

Judaism (1300 posts)

UU (1300 posts)

Wicca (1100 posts)

Buddhism (900 posts)

Satanism: Both Laveyan and theistic (700 posts)

Other: Any religion which you don't feel fits into the above categories.

nutshell

LDS Christian here.

Just out of curiosity, how were the different faiths placed in these categories when RF was created? Certainly, there are Christians who balk at my claim of being Christian. How do you decide "who's in" and who's not?

Fluffy

A fool
Argh I missed that one :(. Had difficulty knowing what to search for! Try searching for "religion" on this place :). Oh well it will be interesting to see if the make up has changed at all since last year.

Taoism was the 10th largest religion on these forums, Jensa, coming in at 500 posts. It was only just pipped by Satanism and so had to be left out.

Fluffy

A fool
I wasn't trying to come across as complaining, my religion's just not 'other.'
wink.gif
Lol yeah I figured you weren't complaining but thought you might be interested to know :). I was thinking about replacing Buddhism with "Eastern Religions" but thought that would be too ambiguous which would encourage people to go in the wrong category. Out of curiosity, and please correct me if I am mistaken, but weren't you UU at one point?

maggie2

I voted other because I don't think I have a religion, I just see myself as spiritual. If I were to choose any one religion I guess the closest would be Deism.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Fluffy said:
Lol yeah I figured you weren't complaining but thought you might be interested to know :). I was thinking about replacing Buddhism with "Eastern Religions" but thought that would be too ambiguous which would encourage people to go in the wrong category. Out of curiosity, and please correct me if I am mistaken, but weren't you UU at one point?
I was looking into UU (and still am), but unless I'm having a memory lapse I've never listed that as my religion.

joeboonda

I am a Jesus loves you and offers salvation that he will never take away from you, for free, fundamental, Bible-believing, people-loving, Christian. I love you, and God loves you, and pray we all have a wonderful, fulfilled life, and after-life,and that we all come to know the truth, more of the truth, and nothing but the truth, so help us God, lol, and the love of God that passes understanding, and that we all grow in grace and truth. Amen! Peace and Love and Good will to you all!

Sincerely,

Joeboonda

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Wow, I didn't expect to see this many "other's". :) interesting. Certainly this poll is not quite representative of western civilization.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Other! :)

Darkdale said:
Wow, I didn't expect to see this many "other's". :) interesting. Certainly this poll is not quite representative of western civilization.
Nah! This forum is representative of a very... eclectic group of religious nuts :p .

MMMMMmmmmnnnn Nuts.

Smoke

Done here.
I'm not "officially" a Quaker, but that's how I'm thinking of myself. Not the Christian sort of Quaker, though. Therefore, "Other." :)