• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is spreading like wildfire?

tomspug

Absorbant
It means MOST unified under a single authority. Baha`i's in excess of 95% all recognize the same authority--the Universal House of Justice and the World Center in Haifa.

There are many branches in Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc..

Regards,
Scott

Interesting theory. In MOST religions, people consider GOD to be the authority of the religion, not AGREEMENT of government. Apparently you equate simulated agreement (on an EXTREMELY limited definition of agreements) as good, or even... your god.

I think that most Christians actually believe in the SAME God, which I consider to be what you might call a 'single authority'.

When you say "spreading like wildfire", do you mean a religion that sets trees and houses alight, makes people flee their homes for safety, and has all of the fire brigade out in their uniforms and trucks with high pressure hoses?

If thats what you wanna call it.

Popeyesays

Interesting theory. In MOST religions, people consider GOD to be the authority of the religion, not AGREEMENT of government. Apparently you equate simulated agreement (on an EXTREMELY limited definition of agreements) as good, or even... your god.

I think that most Christians actually believe in the SAME God, which I consider to be what you might call a 'single authority'.

I believe that Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Baha`i's, Zoroastrians, Buddhists (the ones who give a nod to theism), Jains, Sikhs, etc., all believe in the SAME God.

The baha`i Faith is the only one with a clearly established administrative order which allows the religion to stay unified here on a divinely mandated source of authority.

Regards,
Scott

BruceDLimber

[T]he Baha'i "Lotus" Temple outside New Delhi has displaced the Taj Mahal as the prime visitor's site in India.

Nay, more!

It's now the single most-visited building IN THE WORLD! :)

Numbers: four million visitors each year, or about 13,000 each day!

(Scott, if you have a link to a picture of it, you may want to post it here. I'm afraid I don't have one.)

And I agree with Scott that ALL the great religions worship the same One God, Who is known by many different names in the various languages and cultures.

Best, :)

Bruce

Popeyesays

...india...

absoutely amzing building

There's a documentary floating around about the construction project that is amazing to watch. Most construction firms never believed that building could be built in India with the older methodology used to erect it. It was done largely by hand, each of the p[etals needing to be poured in placed in a wooden moul- each mould unique to the petal.

It was constructed by a mixed community of workers speaking different languages and of different faiths all working together over a period of a couple years.

Regards,
Scott

statue.jpg

Been there on that point, i think this is in Haridwar (God's Home) Im so lucky to have seen such beautiful places in India. Another lank mark in Delhi is Akshardham

image001.preview.jpg

And of course my (absolutely tiny) village mandir. This vilage is one of those which heavily relises on farming, no-one has even heard on internet, and there is not even 1 car in the village. I love this little place, better then all the cities of the world.(not many large pics)
mandir.jpg

And my local manidr here in london.
istockphoto_2007617_shri_swaminarayan_mandir_london.jpg

538966389_438dd10565.jpg

Neasden%20Temple.jpg

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't think Charismatic growth in Colombia qualifies as a growth in a religin but in one of its branches. If Colombia is going from Cathlic to Charismatic it is still Christian. Christianity has made huge inroads in China. In Africa Islam and Christianity are both gaining converts from Animism.

In the USA the move within Christianity is away from Mainline Protestant to Charismatic.

exsadhu

The only thing spreading at BAPS is the size and the number of temples ...that also negates their main motto"zero administrative cost".It takes cash to build and maintain temples in far away lands.It just does not happen by the grace of God while 4000 hungry childern leave us by starvation every hour.....but at the end of the day,the poliicians get the biggest donations,rose garlands,and a few swing votes maybe?

BruceDLimber

adly, the simple reality is that the Baha'i Faith is still little more than a "fringe" religion with very few followers.

Only in your opinion.

There are more of us every day! :)

And we've grown about fifteen-fold in the past 40 years, such that despite our still-small numbers, in terms of localities where adherents live we're now the second most widespread religion on earth (just after Christianity)! [source: Encyclopedia Britannica]

And according to the World Christian Encyclopedia (clearly another non-Baha'i organization), the Baha'i Faith is the fastest-growing religion among those already established in over 100 countries!

As to your put-down, of course the same thing could have been said about Christianity itself a century and a half after its inception!

Progress takes time but does indeed come.

Peace,

Bruce

Last edited:

BruceDLimber

Scott, hi!

In terms of being unified, your "95%" figure is way low for Baha'is!

We can definitely claim 99% under the same banner, and probably 99.9% as well!

Bruce

Random

Global Warming is the fastest growing religion in the world today, with the Masons of the Green Lodge as its secret priesthood, with everyone taking the GW pronouncments of Science on faith and the politicians commited to taxing your wealth away in the name of saving the earth from this artificially created "problem"...when really, it's the SUN and part of a natural cycle.

Last edited:

Popeyesays

Scott, hi!

In terms of being unified, your "95%" figure is way low for Baha'is!

We can definitely claim 99% under the same banner, and probably 99.9% as well!

Bruce

We surely can, adherents.com however is a neutral site, and pays attention to what one of those tiny splinters CLAIMS as membership even though the claim is patently false.

Regards,
Scott

The Muslim

as I read and I as believe that islam is the most spreading religion
because it is very clear and it is the best religion that gives people the best answers for their questions which and goes with their human needs.
and I can tell you that I am a muslim and I really feel comfortable and happy with my religion :)

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

as I read and I as believe that islam is the most spreading religion....

In terms of overall numbers, yes!

But according to the World Christian Encyclopedia, despite its still-small numbers (about seven million at present), the Baha'i Faith is the fastest-growing religion AMONG THOSE ALREADY ESTABLISHED ON OVER 100 COUNTRIES.

Regardless, I'm very glad you're happy with your religious situation, and wish you all the best! :)

Bruce

The Muslim

thank you
I think that when we read from different resources we will find different results and numbers.
it is ok , it doesn't make difference to me because I am glad that I am a muslim :)