• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What scientific evidence do we have for the existence of human consciousness?

Milton Platt

To some yes, but it seems that not everyone agrees with what consciousness is. Some think it is only in the brain, while others think it is something mystical. Some think it only exists in human brains while other animals or creatures do not have it. So when I say it doesn't exist means that I am just ignoring the word "consciousness" altogether. I don't like the term consciousness. It is vaguely defined and misunderstood. I prefer to just call it like it is...a complex form of interaction. Everything interacts in some way, some things just interact in more complex ways than others. Is a tree conscious? I don't really know, but certainly a tree does interact with its environment in a complex manner. There are many different levels of interaction and complexity. Humans just evolved to interact in the most complex manner. So I say to heck with this whole flakey notion of being "conscious". We interact in a complex manner, that is all.

on the same page.......