• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should be done with Saddam Hussein?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I too believe that it should be left up to the Iraqi people. Besides, what could be a worse punishment for a brutal dictator, than to have the people he once ruled with an iron fist, establish a democratic society, put him on trial and sentence him? I would love to see him in prison for life, while being given daily updates on how his people are better off without him. That would be a punishment that fits the crime.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
EEWRED said:
I too believe that it should be left up to the Iraqi people. Besides, what could be a worse punishment for a brutal dictator, than to have the people he once ruled with an iron fist, establish a democratic society, put him on trial and sentence him? I would love to see him in prison for life, while being given daily updates on how his people are better off without him. That would be a punishment that fits the crime.
The trouble with letting the iraqui people deal with him is that they would no doubt (as far as I think) execute him - which would be far too easy for him.

What should they do with him? - hard to say, Seyorni's 'sweep the streets' is the right sort of approach, as far as I am concerned; but maybe even that's too easy. perhaps he ought to be forced to exhume every Iraqui he has had executed, and be made to give each body a decent burial - I know that's full of holes, and unworkable, but he ought to be made to make some reperations.:(

The trouble with letting the iraqui people deal with him is that they would no doubt (as far as I think) execute him - which would be far too easy for him.

What should they do with him? - hard to say, Seyorni's 'sweep the streets' is the right sort of approach, as far as I am concerned; but maybe even that's too easy. perhaps he ought to be forced to exhume every Iraqui he has had executed, and be made to give each body a decent burial - I know that's full of holes, and unworkable, but he ought to be made to make some reperations.:(
Execllent!Though I am for the death Penalty but this is a good punishment for Saddam.
Also Seyorni's idea is a good idea. Imagine, Saddam cleaning the street, the lowest of low do a unenvied job. Or better yet, septic tank cleaner! Poo and **** on his body...
So that's infinitely worse than death.

retrorich said:
That should be up to the citizens of Iraq to decide. The U.S. had no right to capture him in the first place--and has no right to decide his fate.
You've got to be kidding me! We go over there and kill hundreds of his men, but you say that we cant do anything with Saddam himself. The Iraqi citizens will not just kill him they'll torture him. It serve's him right to, he was a dictator, killing the citizens of Iraq because they would not join him.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Mr_Spinkles said:
As a rule, I try to avoid cruelty toward animals...but for Saddam I think I'd make an exception.
You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Mr_Spinkles again.

(That was for the mrijuana thread).
How dare you insult animals - by implying that Saddam is one ? I love animals - even the ones I'm scared of; from what I know (Which is truthfully probably 'not a lot'), animals never really seem to be evil.:tsk:

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Mossburg32908 said:
You've got to be kidding me! We go over there and kill hundreds of his men, but you say that we cant do anything with Saddam himself. The Iraqi citizens will not just kill him they'll torture him. It serve's him right to, he was a dictator, killing the citizens of Iraq because they would not join him.
I am definitely not kidding you.

We had no right to "kill hundreds of his men" and, in the process, cause the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens and soldiers from the U.S. and other nations. Killing Saddam would only add one more death to George W. Bush's disgraceful list of victims.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Have they set a date for his trial, or did I miss it?

The only way to decide what should happen to the man is to let the government do it in an orderly fashion. Hopefully, they will not see a need to accomodate our desires and that he will get a fair trial.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
orichalcum said:
I know most responses will be of the execution side, but would you be the one to do it?
I agree with the majority of the posts so far - as an American, it is not our place to decide his fate - that should be for the Iraqi people to decide.
As for the second part of your question, if I were an Iraqi that had lost family to Hussein, or had I been in one of his prisons, I wouldn't hesitate to be his executioner. It would best be done in private, with no one asking questions as to the method.

orichalcum said:
If not, then what would you have done with him?
If I were an Iraqi, and we didn't execute him, then I would say we should give him to the survivors of his prisons and the families of his victims, to do with him as they see fit.

TVOR

Rex

Founder
I say accidently throw him in the holding cells at the zoo with either crocs or lions.

*DING DING* *FOOD IS READY*

anders

Rex said:
I say accidently throw him in the holding cells at the zoo with either crocs or lions.

*DING DING* *FOOD IS READY*
The RSPCA would object. But seriously, I think this is a matter for the Iraqis only to decide. The insurgents (according to the dictionary: those who oppose the legal government, i.e. USA and its followers), should go home right now.

He should be exicuted but in a way he will feel the same thing some of his victoms felt.Like say he blew up some people well you know what happend to then they burnd so why don't we just put him in a room and light it on fire so he can burn just like his victoms did.