• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the New Testament says about God is true

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that what the New Testament says about God is true.

I also believe that what Baha'u'llah wrote about God is true.

Christians and Baha'is share common beliefs, that God is loving, merciful, forgiving, and trustworthy. It would be nice if Baha'is and Christians could build a bridge around the beliefs we have in common rather than arguing all the time about things that we disagree upon. I believe that what the New Testament says about God is true, and Baha'u'llah wrote essentially the same things about God and about how believers should conduct themselves towards God.

How does anything in the following passage contradict what what the New Testament says?

"The virtues and attributes pertaining unto God are all evident and manifest, and have been mentioned and described in all the heavenly Books. Among them are trustworthiness, truthfulness, purity of heart while communing with God, forbearance, resignation to whatever the Almighty hath decreed, contentment with the things His Will hath provided, patience, nay, thankfulness in the midst of tribulation, and complete reliance, in all circumstances, upon Him. These rank, according to the estimate of God, among the highest and most laudable of all acts. All other acts are, and will ever remain, secondary and subordinate unto them….

The spirit that animateth the human heart is the knowledge of God, and its truest adorning is the recognition of the truth that “He doeth whatsoever He willeth, and ordaineth that which He pleaseth.” Its raiment is the fear of God, and its perfection steadfastness in His Faith. Thus God instructeth whosoever seeketh Him. He, verily, loveth the one that turneth towards Him. There is none other God but Him, the Forgiving, the Most Bountiful. All praise be to God, the Lord of all worlds."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Christians and Baha'is share common beliefs, that God is loving, merciful, forgiving, and trustworthy. It would be nice if Baha'is and Christians could build a bridge around the beliefs we have in common rather than arguing all the time about things that we disagree upon. I believe that what the New Testament says about God is true, and Baha'u'llah wrote essentially the same things about God and about how believers should conduct themselves towards God.

How does anything in the following passage contradict what what the New Testament says?

"The virtues and attributes pertaining unto God are all evident and manifest, and have been mentioned and described in all the heavenly Books. Among them are trustworthiness, truthfulness, purity of heart while communing with God, forbearance, resignation to whatever the Almighty hath decreed, contentment with the things His Will hath provided, patience, nay, thankfulness in the midst of tribulation, and complete reliance, in all circumstances, upon Him. These rank, according to the estimate of God, among the highest and most laudable of all acts. All other acts are, and will ever remain, secondary and subordinate unto them….

The spirit that animateth the human heart is the knowledge of God, and its truest adorning is the recognition of the truth that “He doeth whatsoever He willeth, and ordaineth that which He pleaseth.” Its raiment is the fear of God, and its perfection steadfastness in His Faith. Thus God instructeth whosoever seeketh Him. He, verily, loveth the one that turneth towards Him. There is none other God but Him, the Forgiving, the Most Bountiful. All praise be to God, the Lord of all worlds."

Well I would say both Christians and Bahais together have nailed down proselytizing perfectly.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

They’ll never get along. They don’t see Christ as God in the flesh like Christians do. Big big difference. Bahais have warped the essence of Christianity just like the Jehovas have.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well I would say both Christians and Bahais together have nailed down proselytizing perfectly.
No, this thread is for the purpose of 'trying' to build a bridge around our common beliefs...
I doubt it will succeed in achieving that, but if it doesn't, it will demonstrate something.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
They’ll never get along. They don’t see Christ as God in the flesh like Christians do. Big big difference.
This thread was not intended to be about Jesus, it was intended to be about God.

The Bible clearly demonstrates that Jesus is not God, never was and never will be, but that is another subject.

If you want to discuss that I suggest you post on the thread intended for that purpose.

The reason that Christians and Baha'is cannot get along is not because Christians believe that Jesus is God, since all Christians do not believe that.
The reason that Christians and Baha'is cannot get along is because Christians believe that Jesus is the Only Way to God for all of time, which is completely illogical, since the Jews came to God long before Jesus ever walked the Earth.
Bahais have warped the essence of Christianity just like the Jehovas have.
The Essence of Christianity is not that Jesus is God.
If it was, Jesus would have claimed to be God, but He never did.
It was only the Trinitarian Christians who have claimed that Jesus is God.

The Essence of Christianity is that Jesus offered His teachings and gave His life as a sacrifice for the sins of humanity and in so doing and Jesus bestowed eternal life, which is clearly stated in the following verse.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Notice the word and, which clearly shows that Jesus is not God.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
This thread was not intended to be about Jesus, it was intended to be about God.

The Bible clearly demonstrates that Jesus is not God, never was and never will be, but that is another subject.

If you want to discuss that I suggest you post on the thread intended for that purpose.

The reason that Christians and Baha'is cannot get along is not because Christians believe that Jesus is God, since all Christians do not believe that.
The reason that Christians and Baha'is cannot get along is because Christians believe that Jesus is the Only Way to God for all of time, which is completely illogical, since the Jews came to God long before Jesus ever walked the Earth.
Jesus is a pretty good starting point to understanding god imo.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
That's true. Study his words. He knew the Father well. That's why, IMB, he was (as Revelation says) the firstborn of the dead. He conquered the world. He maintained to the end. He achieved what God waits for us all to do now that Jesus paved The Way.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
That's true. Study his words. He knew the Father well. That's why, IMB, he was (as Revelation says) the firstborn of the dead. He conquered the world. He maintained to the end. He achieved what God waits for us all to do now that Jesus paved The Way.
Sadly, many don’t see this. I don’t understand how one could live their whole life not.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Of course He is, since the reason that Jesus came into the world was to bear witness unto the truth about God.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
They’ll never get along. They don’t see Christ as God in the flesh like Christians do. Big big difference. Bahais have warped the essence of Christianity just like the Jehovas have.
There's a type of Christian that will never "build" a bridge with Baha'is, because they believe them to be a false religion, following a false Christ.

But then there's liberal Christians. The kind that aren't going to take the Bible too literally. These Christians take part in interfaith groups. They want to build bridges and want all religious people to learn to get along with each other.

But is that the goal of the Baha'i Faith? Since they believe their prophet is the promised one of the Hindus, the Buddhists, the Jews, the Christians, the Moslems and all the other major religions, ultimately, a true believer in any of those other religions should one day recognize that the Baha'i prophet is the fulfillment of their beliefs. He is the one that was promised to come in the end times. So, not only should all these people build bridges with the Baha'is, they should also eventually become Baha'is.

For any of them to stay in their old religion is missing out on the supposed new teachings from God. Teachings that are meant to bring peace and unify the world. They believe all people are one. Which means equality between men and women and the races. But they also believe that all religions are one.

And that means, according to the Baha'is, if a religion puts themselves apart from the others and believes itself superior, then they aren't believing correctly. And that's the knock on those Christians that think Jesus is God and the only way. They're not believing correctly.

So, those Christians are against the Baha'is, and believe they have false teachings. And the Baha'is are against those types of Christians, and believe they have misinterpreted the Bible. Now that'll be something when Baha'is and those Christians can build even a rickety little rope and wood bridge over the chasm between their differing beliefs.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
There's a type of Christian that will never "build" a bridge with Baha'is, because they believe them to be a false religion, following a false Christ.

But then there's liberal Christians. The kind that aren't going to take the Bible too literally. These Christians take part in interfaith groups. They want to build bridges and want all religious people to learn to get along with each other.

But is that the goal of the Baha'i Faith? Since they believe their prophet is the promised one of the Hindus, the Buddhists, the Jews, the Christians, the Moslems and all the other major religions, ultimately, a true believer in any of those other religions should one day recognize that the Baha'i prophet is the fulfillment of their beliefs. He is the one that was promised to come in the end times. So, not only should all these people build bridges with the Baha'is, they should also eventually become Baha'is.

For any of them to stay in their old religion is missing out on the supposed new teachings from God. Teachings that are meant to bring peace and unify the world. They believe all people are one. Which means equality between men and women and the races. But they also believe that all religions are one.

And that means, according to the Baha'is, if a religion puts themselves apart from the others and believes itself superior, then they aren't believing correctly. And that's the knock on those Christians that think Jesus is God and the only way. They're not believing correctly.

So, those Christians are against the Baha'is, and believe they have false teachings. And the Baha'is are against those types of Christians, and believe they have misinterpreted the Bible. Now that'll be something when Baha'is and those Christians can build even a rickety little rope and wood bridge over the chasm between their differing beliefs.
Small percentage who will probably end up leaving the faith anyway

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Bahais have disregarded the true nature of Christ. They’ve turned it into a joke imo.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

So, those Christians are against the Baha'is, and believe they have false teachings.
Tell me something I don't know. ;)
And the Baha'is are against those types of Christians, and believe they have misinterpreted the Bible.
I am not against the Christians although admittedly I get frustrated by some Christian beliefs.
Now that'll be something when Baha'is and those Christians can build even a rickety little rope and wood bridge over the chasm between their differing beliefs.
Unfortunately, I don't think I will live long enough to see that day, but meanwhile I try to do what I can to break down the walls.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Bahais have disregarded the true nature of Christ. They’ve turned it into a joke imo.
No, the Baha'is know the true nature of Jesus.
Jesus is not God incarnate, but rather Jesus has a twofold nature, one nature human, the other nature divine.

The passage below describes the nature of Jesus, and it is consistent with the New Testament.

“Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself. To this testifieth the tradition: “Manifold and mysterious is My relationship with God. I am He, Himself, and He is I, Myself, except that I am that I am, and He is that He is.” …. The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?”

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Christianity is the baby of Judaism. Baha'i is the great grandbaby of Judaism. It only makes sense that Baha'i and Christianity would share a lot in their views about God.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
No! But they do have a different hope for the future. Their hope is still in God, so it's all good as long as love leads.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Christianity is the baby of Judaism. Baha'i is the great grandbaby of Judaism. It only makes sense that Baha'i and Christianity would share a lot in their views about God.
Baha'i and Judaism also share a lot in their views about God.
I also believe that what the Old Testament says about God is true, but I wanted to limit this to the New Testament since it is the Baha'is and Christians who are so often in disagreement.

One caveat I will add: I do not believe that the anthropomorphic characterizations of God in the Old Testament are true.