• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the New Testament says about God is true

Brian2

Veteran Member
I believe that what the New Testament says about God is true.

I also believe that what Baha'u'llah wrote about God is true.

Christians and Baha'is share common beliefs, that God is loving, merciful, forgiving, and trustworthy. It would be nice if Baha'is and Christians could build a bridge around the beliefs we have in common rather than arguing all the time about things that we disagree upon. I believe that what the New Testament says about God is true, and Baha'u'llah wrote essentially the same things about God and about how believers should conduct themselves towards God.

How does anything in the following passage contradict what what the New Testament says?

Yes there are points of agreement and points of disagreement.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
After it ends
There is no reason to think that the world is going to end. That is not supported by the Bible...
Bible translations that said "end of the world" have since been corrected and the new translations say "end of the age."

Indeed, that is what was slated to happen, the end of the age.
The old age came to and end when Christ returned and we are now living in the new age, the Age of Fulfillment, since all the biblical prophecies will be fulfilled during this age.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
There is no reason to think that the world is going to end. That is not supported by the Bible...
Bible translations that said "end of the world" have since been corrected and the new translations say "end of the age."

Indeed, that is what was slated to happen, the end of the age.
The old age came to and end when Christ returned and we are now living in the new age, the Age of Fulfillment, since all the biblical prophecies will be fulfilled during this age.
That’s another thing bahais have twisted. The Bible’s clear that the world will end.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes there are points of agreement and points of disagreement.
Only looking at beliefs about the attributes of God and how believers should conduct themselves towards God, what do you think is different?
(Please leave Jesus and Baha'u'llah out of this, since we know that Christians and Baha'is have different beliefs.)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When you say "not true" what do you mean? Is this repeating your remark that they are anthropomorphic and not literal?
I mean that God is not a human-like character as sometimes depicted in Old Testament. e.g. the jealous God.
I also mean that the stories about God are symbolic and not literal. e.g., God walking with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.