• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to answer when someone ask , Who are you?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I dont know if this is the right place in the forum, so please move it if it is in wrong area :)

Yesterday I was a visit to my doctor, more to get guidance then to treat any illness :) But as usual when i am with this doctor I get one question i truly struggling with answering.

The doctor ask me: Who are you? And he does not mean my name, age or where I am from and those things, He wants to know if I know who I truly am. Deep within me, who am I seeing my self as?

And for the last 5 years, I have been unable to answer this question, my answer always comes up short.

So my question is.
On a deep deep level of you. Who are You?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Spiritual explanation is about spirit.

A human life is a human as a spirit, so our spirit human is human.

Our first 2 parents for every human living on Planet Earth lived, had sex, created babies to take their adult place, and they died.

They own full conscious spirit historical information about where they came from and what happens when you die. For they now live in the eternal communicating to all of their children.

On the deep level of spiritual understanding and wisdom...all science information first told the researcher, you are in none of these God places. So then the consciousness said I am not God. I am just a man.

As a spiritual researcher I simply said, okay spirit if you are real, prove it.

A "voice" said to me I had to live the spiritual life to have it proven.

Every day the information of my research changed. I thought one day I had many answers and knew. The very next day all the information changed. So I learnt what I had been taught. Life is a path of learning, you never stop learning until the day of your death...and then you regain what you thought you had lost.

Spirit in eternal.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If the doctor has been asking this for five years it might be time to change doctors.
Hehe, he wants me to realize who I am deep within me because I have always put everyone else in front of my self, I don't see my self as important in this world. But he thinks that self-value is important, so he helping me gaining my trust in who I am.
He is the best doctor i have ever had, so no change there

izzy88

I dont know if this is the right place in the forum, so please move it if it is in wrong area :)

Yesterday I was a visit to my doctor, more to get guidance then to treat any illness :) But as usual when i am with this doctor I get one question i truly struggling with answering.

The doctor ask me: Who are you? And he does not mean my name, age or where I am from and those things, He wants to know if I know who I truly am. Deep within me, who am I seeing my self as?

And for the last 5 years, I have been unable to answer this question, my answer always comes up short.

So my question is.
I'm of the belief that we can only find our true identity in a relational sense, because our very existence is interconnected with everything else in existence. This means that who I am changes based on which perspective I'm viewing myself from, based on what or who I am relating myself to. To my father, I am his son. To my brother, I am his brother. To my neighbor, I am her neighbor. To my pet, I am his friend and caretaker. To my employer, I am his employee. To the Moon, I am nothing. To the blackbirds who frequent my yard, I am a minor annoyance. To my neighbor's dogs, I am a shifty character who had better not come any closer or they'll have no choice but to assume I'm intruding on their turf and bark like crazy (they're jerks).

So, you see, because everything in this world is relative, it means our identity is going to be relative, too.

Unless...

Unless there is some ultimate, objective, unchanging reality, in which I can find my ultimate, objective, unchanging identity - who I am in a non-relative sense.

This is what I find in God.

And who am I in relation to God? That's another story, and one that I won't be able to do justice to in this comment right now.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In one tradition, the answer is pure consciousness.

Another thought is that "who am I" is a meditation practice.
I have heard of this before :)
I think that my own problem with finding the answer to Who am I, lay within the reason of, I do not believe in my self, for many years I have had a very low view of what I can and can not do. So in my mind, it has often been "I will fail if I try" because for so many years I was told by others I was a failure. But my "new goal" is to not look at my past, but only focus on what is happening today, and maybe a few days ahead. so all the negative from the past does not get hold of me anymore.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

So my question is.

The reason why it is difficult to describe who we are is because who we are isn't constant. If we reflect on ourselves on a yearly bases we would think that our previous selves were unwise and did stupid things. There are indeed core aspects of our personality, but even that can change over time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

So my question is.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
@Amanaki , caring and looking out for others is part of what pleases God. (Philippians 2:2-3; Colossians 3:12-14)

Don't ever forget that.
So what you do in action, is who you are as a person.

Questions for reflection in private:

1)Do you help others anonymously?

2),When driving by yourself, how do you react when an idiot suddenly pulls out in front of you?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
@Amanaki , caring and looking out for others is part of what pleases God. (Philippians 2:2-3; Colossians 3:12-14)

Don't ever forget that.
So what you do in action, is who you are as a person.

Questions for reflection in private:

1)Do you help others anonymously?

2)How do you react, when driving by yourself, when an idiot suddenly pulls out in front of you?
Thank you @Hockeycowboy :)
Yes when i been helping other it's been often anonymuosly :)
I still dont drive a car, but in your senarious i would maybe try to put my own car in the ditch if possible, so not to hurts other.