• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to answer when someone ask , Who are you?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Thank you @Hockeycowboy :)
Yes when i been helping other it's been often anonymuosly :)
I still dont drive a car, but in your senarious i would maybe try to put my own car in the ditch if possible, so not to hurts other.

I'm sure you would.

You must have lots of friends. (I'd like to join that group.)
You know, that's another way to measure a person: by how many friends they have. Well, at least a poor person.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You know, that's another way to measure a person: by how many friends they have. Well, at least a poor person.

I don't know about that for 100% sure, maybe, but I do know this...

If people ever show up at one's funeral some day, it's likely you were cared about and made a difference. Because no one likes going to funerals.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm sure you would.

You must have lots of friends. (I'd like to join that group.)
Umm i have only two people i consider as friends in the "real" world :) my ex gf and one other person.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Umm i have only two people i consider as friends in the "real" world :) my ex gf and one other person.
Really? Why so few? You don't need to answer.

I do know one thing: good-hearted people tend to get hurt a lot, getting taken advantage of. If that's the reason, I certainly understand.
We live in a very selfish society. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 tells us a lot.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Really? Why so few? You don't need to answer.

I do know one thing: good-hearted people tend to get hurt a lot, getting taken advantage of. If that's the reason, I certainly understand.
We live in a very selfish society. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 tells us a lot.
I have sometimes problem trusting people, so people does not get to close to me to really start a friendship:)

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm of the belief that we can only find our true identity in a relational sense,
While that is an important factor (that many forget), it is only part of the answer. You are what you find within yourself (body and mind) plus your relation to others. Ignoring the one leads to loss of self worth, ignoring the other leads to selfishness. The answer is in the balance.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I dont know if this is the right place in the forum, so please move it if it is in wrong area :)

Yesterday I was a visit to my doctor, more to get guidance then to treat any illness :) But as usual when i am with this doctor I get one question i truly struggling with answering.

The doctor ask me: Who are you? And he does not mean my name, age or where I am from and those things, He wants to know if I know who I truly am. Deep within me, who am I seeing my self as?

And for the last 5 years, I have been unable to answer this question, my answer always comes up short.

So my question is.
On a deep deep level of you. Who are You?

Simple. "I am I"

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I am someone just trying to be myself and not so much what others make of me; especially fundamentalists. I have been backed into corners with their spiritual battles.

All I want is to discover, learn, and grow.

My thing is to try to see things as they are, and not necessarily as I want them to be. Then see if I can make things better.

I don't like to preconceive, or prejudge.

I have a few disabilities. But those ain't who I am.

Making lemonade with lemons I guess.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So my question is - On a deep deep level of you. Who are You?
No such problem here in Advaita Hinduism. The answer is clear-cut, short and firm.

"sarvam hi etad brahma ayamatma brahma" Mandukya Upanishad 1.1.2
Everything here is Brahman (therefore), this self is Brahman.

No problem too about who you are.
"sa ātmā tat tvam asi, śvetaketo" Chandogya Upanishad 6.8.7
That self is what you are, O Svetaketu.
(Sage Uddalaka Aruni explaining it to his son, Svetaketu)

Last edited: